Today is my very 1st interview of the New Year and my 1st interview with a READER!
Today we get to meet Anya Kelleye who is a good friend of mine who is also a cover artist who does covers (such as the one you see right here) for Indie writers as well as banners and other things. (Make sure you check out her site)
Now let's get to know Anya!
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself for our viewers?
Hi, I’m Anya Kelleye and I loooovve to read. Haha, sounds like an AA meeting. *snort* Anyway, I started reading romance books when I was a teenager. I would sneak my mom’s books until she found out and then she just decided to pass them on to me.
I love reading so much and loved looking at the covers that I decided I wanted to create those cover myself and to help out indie authors while I was at it. If you would like to see the covers I’ve created go to my website at www.AnyaKelleye.com J
2. What genre do you enjoy reading about and why?
Just about any kind of romance, contemporary, paranormal, historical
3. Who are your favorite authors and why?
Oh wow, this is a hard question. Used to I could probably name just a few that I read but since I’ve discovered so many indie authors my list has grown so big it’s hard to pick just a few but I do like Kim Harrison, J.R. Ward, Stephanie Laurens, Jayne Rylon, Christine Feehan, Lauralynn Elliott (she is my best friend…heehee), Sharon Hamilton, and of course Jamallah Bergman ;)
4. Who is your favorite characters (both hero and heroine)?
I love Kim Harrison heroine, Rachel Morgan. She is one awesome female. Hero? Hmmm…give me any of the Black Dagger Brotherwood vampires and I’m a happy camper. ;)
5. If you can tell us authors anything as far as your thoughts on what we write about, what would you say?
Stay true to the story that is in your head and in your heart. Don’t let your readers tell you how to write YOUR story.
6. If you could go out on a date with a hero (or if this is a guy a heroine) from a story you love, which would it be and what would you do? (don’t worry we are all adults here so say what you mean)
Rhett Butler, because Scarlett wasn’t good enough for him I always thought. He was the ultimate old South bad boy. I’m sure we could have had a really fun time out on the town. ;)
7. What kind of stories would you like to read about that you haven’t seen out yet?
Well, I’m not sure that I know of any that haven’t been written that I can think of. I like the different twists authors can give to the same type of story.
8. When you look for a book, do you go by word of mouth from a friend, reading the blurb or reading the reviews about the book itself?
Well of course if a friend suggests a book I will go look for it. If I’m online or in a bookstore I will notice the cover first then check out the blurb.
9. What kind of swag do you like getting from some of your favorite authors when they have contest or release parties? What would you like to see them give out?
I love postcards and posters!
10. Tell us what you are currently reading or what you have finished reading and what you liked about it?
I just finished reading Sharon Hamilton’s Fallen SEAL Legacy. I love her Navy SEAL romances and how the SEALs have to deal with falling in love with their perfect woman and still deal with their job as a SEAL.
MAKE SURE THAT YOU GO AND CHECK OUT ANYA'S WEBSITE WHERE SHE MAKES EBOOK COVERS, PRINTED COVERS AS WELL AS BANNERS FOR YOUR WEBSITE AND COVER PHOTOS FOR YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE!
Go to http://anyakelleye.com/