I got the chance to talk with Gynger before she started writing because she had read some of my books. She has been such an amazing friend and I couldn't be more happier for her as she's staked her claim with her stories. Let's talk with her today and get to know more about the Arsonist!
1. Before we start talking about your book, why don’t you tell everybody a little bit about yourself?
Hey everybody, I am Gynger Fyer aka the Romance Arsonist aka Fyer Fly J I am the youngest of four, I was born and raised in Atlanta and I have been a published writer since October 2012. I swear it seems like much longer LOL! As of this interview I have four books to my credit and I am in the process of completing my fifth.
2. Besides writing, what other things do you enjoy doing in your spare time? I love reading, going to the beach as often as possible, watching romance movies, listening to music, cooking especially new things and traveling.
3. What is your daily routine as far as when you have an idea for your story? I still have a 9-5 so I usually write on my lunch break or early in the morning. I usually have the best ideas in the morning. I start with a loose concept or plot and then frame it up as I go along. I try to challenge myself to do things I have not seen or read before. That’s not to say that it hasn’t been done, I just haven’t seen it before.
4. Where do you get your ideas from? Oh, all over, years ago, I sat down and wrote down over one hundred, loose concepts so I work from that list. I also get story ideas from current events, or conversations I have. I love meeting people from all over the world and sometimes I get ideas from the lives of people I meet. Stories they tell or places they’ve been.
5. Out of all of the stories you’ve written so far, what would be your favorite and why? Frosty Pleasures was the my last published work and although it has elements of Christmas, It really can be read at any time. It’s my favorite because it was my first fantasy fiction story. I loved the creative concept of it. It challanged me and I love a challenge.
6.Tell us something funny about yourself that not a lot of people know about?
Hmmm, I can touch my nose with my tongue LOL!
7. Does any of the stories you’ve written based on real life experiences or basically just from imagination? No, all of mine are purely imagination.
8. Does your ‘muse’ have a name and if so what is his/her name? Magnus!
9. What other genre besides the one you are writing about now would you like to venture into writing? I would love to do a shapeshifter story. It requires a ton of imagination but also research on the animal and their habits.
10. Who are your favorite authors that are out now? Lisa Kleypas, Yvette Hines, Aliyah Burke, Mary Balogh, Shara Azod, Drea Riley, Samantha Kane, Bridget Midway, Sienna Mynx, Elizabeth Amber ,Latrivia Nelson, Zena Wynn, Erosa Knowles, you, man, there are just too many to name…
11. Who is your favorite female and male characters from your books and why? Wow, that’s a tough one. I think Will and Riley from Thanksgiving Secrets. They had such a great chemistry and flow to them. Riley was sassy and southern but she was a home girl, in the sense that she was very much family oriented and Will was in love with her but he almost messed things. I won’t tell too much. If you haven’t read the book, I suggest you get it and you will see why I love them.
12. What do you think is the hardest thing about being a writer?
Marketing!! Trying to get my stories to stand out in a sea of really great stories. It’s like have a child and you know how great that child is but you want everyone to know so I try to use as many different outlets for telling people about my work as I can. It’s hard because there are just so many different outlets. That’s why blogs like yours are so important, it connects readers with writer they might not have ever known exisited.
13. What advice would you give someone who wants to start off being a writer?
Make sure you love it and have patience. Like anything, it’s hard work but if you love it, then it makes the hard time easier. Be ready to sacrific. Find a mentor and get involved with writing organizations. Use social media to your advantage and have fun with it.
14. If you hadn’t become a writer, what do you think you would be doing right now? Maybe still making gift baskets. That was one of my first loves and I did that on the side as a hobby for many years. It works well with my writing because I can give my readers really unique gifts.
15. What do you like on a man…..briefs, boxer briefs or boxer shorts or nothing at all?
I like a man in boxer briefs. Ummm Hmmm, now that’s hot.
Well now that we got the question and answer out of the way…..why don’t you tell us about your latest story you have out now?
Check Gynger out on her blog at http://gyngerfyer.blogspot.com/
When Santa Claus meets an untimely demise, Viking King Alrekr Frost—who’s in charge of winter—is asked to help find the remaining Krengel heir to take his place. The only thing he didn’t bargain for was that heir being a woman! Not just any woman, but a beautiful woman with a frosty magic all her own.
Kristina Krengel just found out she’s the last heir to the Krengel kingdom. The Krengel clan is supposed to keep Christmas on time and in harmony with the natural order of holidays and seasons. Kristina has always hid her magic. Her sometimes uncontrollable magic has left her a near recluse; after all, not many women can freeze water with their bare hands. Her love life is frozen as well; what man can make love to a woman whose body temperature gets below freezing? Alrekr proves he’s more than up for that challenge. Take a walk on the immortal side as Kristina becomes Santa and falls in love in the process.
She could feel her fingers getting cold and stiff; a sure sign that if she didn’t get out of here, everyone would know that she was a freak.
A freak that could freeze things.
“Excuse me; I’m looking for Kris Krengel.”
A deep voice over her left shoulder had Kris turning around, looking into a broad fur-covered chest.
“Who’s looking?” she snapped before stepping back skeptically.
She’d never seen a man as big as this one. He was massive, making her entire shop look small in comparison.
“I’m Sindri Frost of the Faeroe Islands. I have business with him.”
She took all of him in; tall, brunette, wickedly arched eyebrows over pale blue eyes and wearing some sort of dark blue linen tunic with fur cape and boots. He looked like a Viking from the romance novels she’d read in her teens. His accent was also Scandinavian in origin. Perhaps he was a buyer from one of the bigger stores.
She quickly dismissed that option based on the way he dressed. This man knew nothing about lingerie. He was handsome in a harsh way, but she didn’t know who he was and why he was looking for her. The way he pronounced her name “Krengel”; it had an odd, accented twist to it. Since he thought she was a man, she knew he didn’t have a clue who she was. Kris looked around at the chaos in the shop. Didn’t anyone see this behemoth?
“Well…Sindri, what exactly is your business with Kris?” She crossed her arms over her chest, in no mood for hassles.
She again looked around, but no one else was even looking in their direction. She stiffened her spine, trying to maximize all five feet three inches of her height, plus the four inches her platforms gave her. She couldn’t take on this wall of solid muscle without using her powers and they were too unstable for her to use while upset.
“I’m sorry, miss, my business is with the Krengel so if you can go fetch him, I can be on my way.”
Kris’s head swung around at his gruff words. How dare he tell her to go fetch like some kind of dog!
“Well, I hate to disappoint you…Sindri. But I’m Kris-KRISTINA Kringle and I think you need to state your business or get the heck out of my store because I’ve never seen you before, and I can’t imagine why you are here.” For his part, the man looked stunned at her admission. It went a long way in cooling her ire.
“Kris-tina?” He shook his blond head, a look of disbelief evident on his reddening face.
“But it can’t be… The heir has always been male.”
“Well, guess what, Neanderthal man? I’m a female. Now tell me why you are here or I will have security escort you off the premises.”
She looked around for the off-duty cop she normally hired on reveal day. She was gesturing to him when suddenly she felt heavy, as if she were moving in a pool of Jello. Everything slowed down until she stopped moving, her hand only slightly lifted.
“The king is not going to like this one bit. But he asked for the Krengel, so that’s what he gets.”
The man let out a hearty bellow which she supposed was a laugh. It seemed to shake the room. Her heart was beating a mile a minute. What the hell was happening? Why couldn’t she move her arms? She tried again, but her limbs would not comply. She was going to try screaming, but her world went black before she could utter a sound.
“Out of all the girls at Clemson, why in the hell did he have to fall for the one he wasn’t supposed to have?” ~William Robert Shannessey, Jr.
Raleigh “Leigh” McCall knows falling in love with Will Shannessey is a bad idea. Their families are like the Hatfields and McCoys of barbecue in Columbia, South Carolina. It’s not like they planned it; who plans to sleep with the enemy? But that’s just what happened one fall day at Clemson University after a barbecue cook-off.
Will knew he couldn’t just walk up to his dad, Big Billy Bob Shannessey, and tell him he was head over heels in love with the daughter of Riley McCall of Riley’s Rib and Chicken (aka “The Traitor”), and that he’d been dating her for over two years…not unless he had a death wish and wanted to be unemployed.
At the same time, Leigh is past ready to spill the beans to their parents.
After all, by her estimation it’s been exactly “two years, nine months and two days!” Will knows how much the holidays mean to Leigh, affectionately known as his “cocoa puff.”
What’s a man to do when he’s caught between the woman he loves and the father who holds his future in his hands?
Secrets abound in this hilarious Thanksgiving tale of love, life and barbecue! Pull up to the table and let me fix you a plate! This is going to be finger-licking good!
Carmen and Michael have been happily married for nearly twenty years. At fifty-six, Michael has managed to keep up with his beautiful wife who happens to be twelve years younger than he is. At least he could, up until a month ago.
Between his busy career as the assistant football coach at the state university and her budding chocolatier and dessert business, the thrill has somehow gone, leaving Carmen sexually frustrated and Michael stuck on the sidelines, unable to get off the bench. Could a pill prescribed by his doctor get him back into the game?
Carmen is at her wits’ end. Michael’s inability to perform sexually has her concerned for his health as well as the state of their sex life. After a bit of arm-twisting, she gets him to the doctor, only to find out he’s as healthy as a horse. The doctor prescribes Michael a pill to jump-start his libido but he refuses to take it. When Carmen slips the crushed pill into a chocolate truffle made just for Michael, they will both end up surprised by the results.
Come join Michael and Carmen in this deliciously sweet tale of passion gone awry.
Grace has lived through the toughest year of her life. With a family crisis behind her, she is ready to usher in the New Year with a new resolve. A routine end-of-the year dinner turns into a night of wild bravado. With the urging of her best friend, she creates a Bucket List, placing Mardi Gras at the very top! Grace plans on cutting a few things loose on this road trip, starting with her inhibitions. That is until Brett “The Wolf” McAllister accidently gets hold of her list.
The sexy former pro-wrestler has been attracted to Grace since she became his accountant several years ago. However, Grace has a strict rule against mixing business with pleasure. Brett’s been biding his time, slowly worming his way into her life. When he gets a look at her Bucket List, all hell breaks loose. Not only does she plan on flashing for beads, but she also plans on having a one-night-stand! There’s just no way in hell he’s going to let that happen.
When Grace’s best friend has to cancel at the last minute, Brett is ready to breathe a sigh of relief, but seeing Grace’s disappointment has him playing the court jester as he volunteers to take her to Mardi Gras. Something tells him things won’t be so easy in the ‘Big Easy’!