1. Before we start talking about your book, why don’t you tell everybody a little bit about yourself?
I write contemporary, paranormal, and erotic romance. Two days a week I put on my nurse’s cap and work in an emergency room. My passion for writing began when I was a young girl. I read Nancy Drew mysteries, and fell in love with story telling. I’m lucky to have a supportive husband who understands why dinner is late when I’m doing edits. We have three children, three grandsons, and two lovable puppies.
2. Besides writing, what other things do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
When I’m not writing, I enjoy reading, movies, the theatre, cooking, and most of all spending time with my family.
3. What is your daily routine as far as when you have an idea for your story?
Before I sit down to write a new story I have to think about it. The characters have to feel real to me. I need to get to know them if I’m going to make them three- dimensional. Once I can visualize them, I start to build a story. The magic begins with lots of coffee.
4. Where do you get your ideas from?
My ideas come to me when I least expect it. I usually begin with a question. Once I get the first few pages down, the story plays out like a movie in my head.
5. Out of all of the stories you’ve written so far, what would be your favorite and why?
Every story I write becomes my favorite.
6. Tell us something funny about yourself that not a lot of people know about?
I recently took picture of myself standing next to a life size Bon Jovi poster with my lips on JBJ’s face.
7. Does any of the stories you’ve written based on real life experiences or basically just from imagination?
My stories are all from my imagination.
8. Does your ‘muse’ have a name and if so what is his/her name?
My muse and I are one. She goes by the name of Kathie G.
9. What other genre besides the one you are writing about now would you like to venture into writing? I’ve covered the genres I love. I also enjoy women’s fiction. However, romance is my true passion.
10. Who are your favorite authors that are out now?
My favorite authors are Susan Wiggs, Danielle Steel, and Nicklaus Sparks. In my opinion, they write from the heart.
11. Who is your favorite female and male characters from your books and why?
When I’m working with my characters, they become my favorite. They remain on the top of my list until the new kids come to town.
12. What do you think is the hardest thing about being a writer?
The hardest thing for me is balancing writing, editing, and promo.
13. What advice would you give someone who wants to start off being a writer?
If you keep trying and never give up, you will accomplish your dream. Writers are a supportive group of people. Try to join a writer’s group, attend conferences, and network with people who share the same passion.
14. If you hadn’t become a writer, what do you think you would be doing right now?
I can’t imagine doing anything else.
15. What would be the perfect Romantic getaway?
My idea of the perfect romantic getaway is a trip to Cape May, New Jersey. It’s the oldest seashore town in the United States. Once you get there, you feel like you stepped back in time. The combination of the beach, Victorian architecture, quaint shops, and great restaurants, makes it the perfect spot for romance.
Well now that we got the question and answer out of the way…..why don’t you tell us about your latest story you have out now?
The passionate, sex-starved witch, Freya Meyer is tired of wasting time with unsatisfying lovers. She’s in search of a man who can keep up with her. Prospects are slim in Bartlett, the sleepy little town in the White Mountain Region of New Hampshire.
A sultry stranger with a French accent behind the counter at the Country Store is new to town. Family commitment and an unsettled past leads Paul Marton back to his childhood roots. On the rebound from a scandalous romance, Paul tries to ignore Freya’s advances, and he doesn’t let on how he falls prey to her seductive ways.
When Paul ignores her advances, Freya knows what she must do. A love spell is bound to cast the shy stranger straight into her arms. With the help of the full moon, Freya’s wishes may come to fruition. Can a lonely witch capture one night with her dream lover… walk away, and never look back? Is there a way to tame a wild witch’s heart?
Freya watched Paul as he strutted down the stairs and slowly ran her tongue around her lips. One look at his broad shoulders and thick thighs made her mouth water. I can hardly stand it.
Paul returned from downstairs and she noticed his penetrating stare.
“Come upstairs to my place and I’ll pay you.”
“Thank you. Do you want me to bring the other items up there?”
“No, you can leave them here. I’ll take care of it” You’ll need all the energy you can get. Freya could sense his eyes follow her every move as she led the way. Happy she wore a thong, she escorted her dream man upstairs to her apartment.
Once inside, she closed the door and fastened the double lock. “Sit down for a minute while I get my wallet.”
Freya pointed to an upholstered, floral sofa, with red velvet throw pillows. Instead of a door, colored beads separated the living room from the bedroom.
“This place is great. I don’t recall it being here.”
“Thank you,” she responded. “It’s my little hideaway.”
“I’ve never seen it and I lived in town for years.” He ran his hand through his hair and smiled. “I’m back to help at my mother’s store.”
“Oh, I see. That’s why I never saw you before.”
Freya’s mind raced with visions of how he would look without a shirt. “I’ve been here a few years. There’s a little rooftop space for entertaining outside.”
“You did a great job of decorating in here.” He ran his hand over the luxurious velvet pillow. His gaze fixed on her. His legs spread sending shivers down her spine.
Freya felt the heat between her thighs. The sexual tension took over her entire body. “I’ll be right back.”
ENTER GIVEAWAY FOR AN E-BOOK COPY OF FREYA’S SPELL
Here’s where to find Kathleen.