Today I am happy to have International Bestselling Author Piper Kay talking with me about herself along with her latest book "A Perfect Passion" which is Book one of the Passion Series.
1. Before we start talking about your book, why don’t you tell everybody a little bit about yourself?
Well, I’m just your average Texas Southern Belle, with a twist of naughty. I was born and raised here, and I have three children.
2. Besides writing, what other things do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
The usual: reading, catching a movie or concert. I love watching True Blood and no matter what I’m doing, that stops when it comes on. (yes I’m biting nails until the next season too btw-lol)
3. What is your daily routine as far as when you have an idea for your story?
I wake up early, like 4 am kind of early and make sure there is plenty of coffee going. Right away, I jump into writing. Sometimes I can write all day, other times just for a few hours, but I never ever write at night, that’s family time. I try to stay on social sites, promoting or talking with friends in between this.
4. Where do you get your ideas from?
Sometimes in dreams, other times they just pop in my head.
5. Out of all of the stories you’ve written so far, what would be your favorite and why?
A Perfect Passion because I had fun writing it. My characters, Damien and Dax, both have certain situations they are trying to adjust too separately but to completely overcome them, they end up having to trust and believe in each other, which is a very hard thing for them.
6. Tell us something funny about yourself that not a lot of people know about? I used to own a construction company
7. Does any of the stories you’ve written based on real life experiences or basically just from imagination?
No none of them, they are all from imagination. Of course certain quirks or mannerisms in them come from many different people, but they are pretty much unique.
8. Does your ‘muse’ have a name and if so what is his/her name?
I just call it The Indecisive one.
9. What other genre besides the one you are writing about now would you like to venture into writing?
Romance and paranormal
10. Who are your favorite authors that are out now?
Kim Carmichael, Chelle, Poppet, Janus Gangi
11. Who is your favorite female and male characters from your books and why?
My favorite character is Dax from A Perfect Passion. He’s just this really smoking hot dude, who looks like a total biker, but is as gentle as a teddy bear. He’s got a great personality, is completely open minded and just so loveable.
12. What do you think is the hardest thing about being a writer?
Staying focused and marketing. Throughout the day between kids and phone calls or just general things that come up, I can get distracted and once that distraction happens, the indecisive one runs off to her own little corner of the world. That is the reason I wake so early. When everyone else is still asleep, it’s way less distracting.
13. What advice would you give someone who wants to start off being a writer?
Write every day and watch other authors and learn. There are so many awesome authors out there that can teach you so many things. Thank goodness for that because if it weren’t for them, I probably wouldn’t be an author yet.
14. If you hadn’t become a writer, what do you think you would be doing right now?
I would have probably opened some sort of little business of some sort.
15. What would be the perfect Romantic getaway?
Well now that we got the question and answer out of the way…..why don’t you tell us about your latest story you have out now?
A Perfect Passion is my newest release. (It’s the 1st in a 3 part series called The Passion Series) It is available now in print as a solo, but it’s also included in the International Best Selling boxed set called The Naughty Box. Both available on amazon and Goodreads. Coming in November, I have a story titled Eight Second Cowboy that is being released and that is about bull riders. (I’m from Texas, so I had to write it-lol) Next year, I have the 2nd book of the Passion Series called Payce’s Passion. All of the characters carry over into that story as well. Here is a blurb for you from A Perfect Passion:
For Damien, passion brings ecstasy, betrayal and danger that almost cost him his life. At the lowest point in his life, he discovers that true passion and loyalty have been staring him in the face all along. There is one problem he must surmount first, Dax is straight and carries a lot of baggage. What neither of them realize is that sometimes passion can also bring healing. That is if one is brave enough to take the first step. In a perfect passion, one must be willing to take the risk.
This is the print version.
This is the ebook form, along with 8 other great authors for only 99 cents.
My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/piper.kay.1
My Amazon author page: http://www.amazon.com/Piper-Kay/e/B00AF9Z718/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_4
My blog: piperkay.blogspot.com