I got the chance to meet Serenity at the meet and greet here in Atlanta and I'm so happy to have her here talking with us about herself and her book.
1. Before we start talking about your book, why don’t you tell everybody a little bit about yourself?
Hello Jamallah. Thank you so much for letting me hang out with you today. A little bit about me. I am a multi-published author of erotic and contemporary romance. Most of my stories involve interracial and multicultural relationships.
2. Besides writing, what other things do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
Spare time? Hmm. What’s that? Lol. In the little spare time that I have, I love to read, walk, garden, and explore different cultures via the InternetJ. One day I will be able to visit all of the places I have envisioned in my mind.
3. What is your daily routine as far as when you have an idea for your story?
I do not really have a routine. If I have an idea and I am in front of my computer or laptop I will post-it on my computer. If I am out I record the idea on my phone and type it out when I get a chance. I am forgetful so…yes I record things a lot, lol.
4. Where do you get your ideas from?
Most of my ideas come from within. I will have a passing thought and bang it becomes an idea for a story and or series.
5. Out of all of the stories you’ve written so far, what would be your favorite and why?
That’s hard. I am in love with all of my stories for some reason or another, but if I would have to choose, I still wouldn’t be able to pick just one. My favorites are The Cameron series, Princess in the Professor, and A Midsummer Tryst.
6. Tell us something funny about yourself that not a lot of people know about?
Oh man! Lol. Wow, uh. Hmm. I think I can sing and dance, but yeah that is so not true. Yeah I think I be getting down with my bad self. NOT *grin*
7. Does any of the stories you’ve written based on real life experiences or basically just from imagination?
I would say both. Mostly from my creative mind.
8. Does your ‘muse’ have a name and if so what is his/her name?
No. I go with the flow.
9. What other genre besides the one you are writing about now would you like to venture into writing?
Mystery and Sci-Fi.
10. Who are your favorite authors that are out now?
There are just too many to name. Seriously. I heart so many authors that it wouldn’t be fair to name a few and not the others.
11. Who is your favorite female and male characters from your books and why? Male(s) Piero Alesi and Sinjin Cameron. Female(s) Asia Carrington and Diamond Shaw (Carmichael)
12. What do you think is the hardest thing about being a writer?
Time management. Putting aside quality time to write. Quality over Production.
13. What advice would you give someone who wants to start off being a writer?
Research your genre carefully, follow the submission guidelines exactly, and to just write.
14. If you hadn’t become a writer, what do you think you would be doing right now?
15. What would be the perfect Romantic getaway?
Well now that we got the question and answer out of the way…..why don’t you tell us about your latest story you have out now?
“What happened on the track today? Are you okay?” He asked, as he walked over to her and took the towel from around her head. He tilted her jaw first to one side, then the other, looking into her eyes as if he were a doctor or something. “Why aren’t you answering me?”
“Probably, because you haven’t given me a chance to answer yet,” she said, finding her voice at last. “What are you doing here? And why are you angry with me?”
“Never mind that. Are you hurt?”
“No.” She wouldn’t tell him that she’d been scared out of her mind. She’d keep that bit of information to herself.
“Good. Come here.” Her supposed rival, Shane Westbrook, pulled her into the circle of his arms and brought his mouth down to hers. Her lips parted voluntarily, allowing his tongue access.
Tracey’s arms instantly encircled his neck, causing her towel to drop to the floor. She felt his groan of appreciation as he deepened the kiss, grasping her hips, lifting her up off the floor and more intimately into him. Without missing a beat, he walked with her over to the bed and placed her on it—with him on top of her—their lips still locked in a passionate kiss. His legs parted her naked thighs—his cock coming into contact with her center—her juices wetting the front of his jeans.
Tracey couldn’t believe this was happening. That it was real. Yet the thickness between her legs assured her that it was. Her hips gyrated against him. He growled his satisfaction into her mouth.
“I am definitely overdressed,” he whispered against her lips, before lifting up off of her. He removed his clothes swiftly, and joined her back on the bed before she could voice her objections.
She looked at him as he undressed, enjoying the view of his toned body, sun-streaked, short, brownish blond hair, and blue eyes. His long, thick erection, bobbed up and down amidst a triangle of short curls a shade darker than his hair. As much as she wanted all of him inside of her, in her heart of hearts, she knew it would be wrong.
“From the look in those beautiful dark eyes of yours, I can tell you are having second thoughts. Don’t,” he ordered. “This is going to happen, Tracey.”
“We can’t,” she murmured.
“We can and we will,” he said sternly, before taking her lips again in a mind-blowing kiss.