1. Before we start talking about your book, why don’t you tell everybody a little bit about yourself?
Aloha, Jamallah, my name is Lelani Black and I’m an author of erotic romances published by The Wild Rose Press, and Audio Minx. I recently got my foot in the Indie door by launching 2 sexy contemporary romances into the world of Amazon’s KDP program. While my current home is in beautiful Colorado with my husband and four kids, Hawaii is the place I call home and where many of my stories are based.
2. Besides writing, what other things do you enjoy doing in your spare time? Cooking for friends and family using herbs and veggies picked from our garden. I enjoy traveling as well. This year I’ll join my husband on some of his business trips around the United States, something we’ve both been looking forward to but weren’t able to do until our kids got older.
3. What is your daily routine as far as when you have an idea for your story?
I write out a synopsis to give me a general outline and story arc, such as conflicts, dark moments and the resolution. In a synopsis, I’ll write bits of specific dialogue important to the theme of the story, note significant moments, or events. Then I sit down and pound out the words.
4. Where do you get your ideas from?
Mostly from places I’ve been to, events that have happened to me or around me. Then I add double-shots of an overactive imagination.
5. Out of all of the stories you’ve written so far, what would be your favorite and why? All Hands Below is my current favorite story because it’s loaded with romance, sweet, hot chemistry between the main leads and booty-banging sex!
It shares qualities similar to my first erotic romance—my debut novella called Boss With Benefits. In that book, the hero’s secretary went to great lengths to hide her sister’s real identity from her boss. In All Hands Below, the hero doesn’t tell the heroine early on in the story who he really is on board the cruise ship. So my two milestone books, first book and current book, share humorous themes of mistaken identity.
6. Tell us something funny about yourself that not a lot of people know about?
I have a slight valley at the back of my head, and this mild dip in my skull gives my hair extra lift and volume.
7. Does any of the stories you’ve written based on real life experiences or basically just from imagination? Eeee! A little bit of both but if anyone asks, it’s all fiction!
8. Does your ‘muse’ have a name and if so what is his/her name? No name. It’s called sit ass down in chair and write, hehehe.
9. What other genre besides the one you are writing about now would you like to venture into writing? Paranormal or Humor
10. Who are your favorite authors that are out now? Oh my goodness. I know I’ll have hurt feelings if I leave anyone out, but among some of the newer names whose works I enjoy is Mark Barry, a UK writer. He’s got that British wit nailed to a science and runs a popular author interview blog called The Wizard’s Cauldron. April Vine writes heroes who are dynamic and sexy. Samantha Holt is an English rose who writes captivating historical romances.
11. Who is your favorite female and male characters from your books and why? Jacinta Carr of Private Dancer is special to me because she is this proud yet vulnerable woman with qualities that set her apart from other heroines I’ve written. There’s a goodness about her that makes her different. Yet as sweet as she is, she gets the harshest judgment heaped on her. A pole-dancer with a heart of gold, she dances by night and is a struggling bikini boutique owner by day. The man who loves her wants to give her a life of security, except he doesn’t know what her after-hours job is and oh boy! Do the sparks fly when he finds out.
Male character—oh help meeee! They’re all so delish. Okay, but only because he was my First (male hero, that is). The winner is Jack Sloane from my first book, Boss With Benefits. Ah, Jack, Jack, Jack. He’s this hot-ass sexy man who is capable of being tender and protective, too. He’s bold, brash, bossy and bratty, and the man makes it work!
12. What do you think is the hardest thing about being a writer?
Oh sheesh! Where do I begin? There’s so much to learn about this business. I think it’s juggling creativity and business that can be challenging.
13. What advice would you give someone who wants to start off being a writer? Learn all you can about the business and the craft of writing, and always reciprocate and/or pay forward a kindness shown to you.
14. If you hadn’t become a writer, what do you think you would be doing right now?
I enjoy being in an office environment and thankfully my writing efforts and Indie pubbing adventures allow me to keep my office skills in shape.
15. What would be the perfect Romantic getaway?
Hubby and I always have fun in the tropics when we go home to Hawaii, but we’ve not done an overseas trip together yet. I’d love to for us to explore an ancient seaside town or village together, on foot, then at night have a steak and lobster dinner by the sea, under the stars.
Well now that we got the question and answer out of the way…..why don’t you tell us about your latest story you have out now?
All Hands Below is an erotic romance that was inspired by a true story about a passenger who boarded a cruise ship for adventure, and fell in love with a mystery man who, it turns out, was the captain of the ship!
Liam Rossi runs a tight cruise ship. Love isn’t an option for the gorgeous bachelor, a ship’s officer whose career comes first. When a merry widow with bed-me blue eyes comes aboard for a Christmas singles’ cruise, Liam struggles to guard his heart. Bedding Evangeline Spencer is one thing, but falling for her means he’ll be the next man overboard.
Evangeline Spencer has been alone long enough. Her body is ripe for a sensual romp, and her heart is ready for love, so she books a cruise to the Caribbean in search of Mr. Right. There’s just one thing standing in her way—Mr. Wrong! Scruffy, smokin’-hot ship’s engineer, Liam Rossi, is happy to share some sexy-time with Evangeline, but he can’t give her more, and while Evie searches for the man of her dreams, the man in her bed is making her toss her own plans overboard!
Far from relaxed after her shower, Evangeline couldn’t hold her mascara wand still long enough to give her lashes a swipe. The clatter next door made her clumsy, and dwelling on the outcome of her vixenish behavior from dawn to dusk kept a constant stream of wetness soaking her panties.
“This racket,” she stuffed the wand back into its tube and flung it down on the vanity, “is going to do me in!”
She threw on her robe and stalked out to the passageway. It didn’t take long to isolate the stateroom generating all the noise. She banged on the door. The grinding stopped. Moments later the door swung open.
Dread spread across her chest when she recognized Mr. Delicious stepping into view.
“Good morning.” Hot, handsome Liam Rossi raised his eyebrows. He leaned a muscle-bound shoulder against the doorframe and glanced at the watch on his wrist. ”Pardon me. I mean…good afternoon.”
Evangeline clutched at the opening of her robe, rolled the fabric in her grip, and realized she hadn’t put on her robe.
She’d thrown on a thigh-length, cornflower-blue, see-through thingy with wisps of skinny satin ribbons that tied around her waist. Those ribbons merely played let’s-pretend-to-cover-the-matching-lace-panty-shorts and push-up bra she wore.
His gaze lowered with interest at the treats peeking back at him.
“Hi Liam.” Her gaze zoned in on his mouth. Damn. Why did he have to be so charismatic? Her breath stilled against the shock waves vibrating throughout her thighs, and greeting the nerve endings in her clit with sexy little booms.
“Miss Spencer,” he murmured. “What can I do for you?”
As her body wasn’t in a thankful or forgiving mood at the moment, she gave him a deadly smile. “Absolutely nothing, Mr. Rossi.” She paused for effect, then added, “You’re being very noisy in there. People are trying to sleep.”
A skeptical brow crawled up his forehead. “At half past noon?”
**This short novel contains explicit sexual scenes, themes and language, along with some chuckle out loud moments. Enjoy it FREE on Kindle from 04/02 to 04/06 – a 4.99 value!
US Link: http://www.amazon.com/All-Hands-Below-ebook/dp/B00BEB9O7Y/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1363972796&sr=8-6&keywords=lelani+black
UK Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/All-Hands-Below-ebook/dp/B00BEB9O7Y/ref=la_B005DF36FS_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1363984868&sr=1-5
Author page: http://www.amazon.com/Lelani-Black/e/B005DF36FS/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1