1. Before we start talking about your book, why don’t you tell everybody a little bit about yourself?
Well, I’m just a small town country girl who loves to create. I live in New York State, though I was born in Texas and wish I lived in Ireland.
2. Besides writing, what other things do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I’m also a photographer, artist, crafter, avid reader, reviewer, cover designer, editor, designer (fashion and interior), blogger, and very proud aunt of an adorable 1 year old girl!
3. What is your daily routine as far as when you have an idea for your story?
Well, I am also working toward my Paralegal degree, so it’s hard to have any real routine. When I am working on a story, I lay down with my eyes closed and listen to the characters speak to me. I write down notes about key points and draw out my main character as I picture him or her. Then, I sit at the keyboard and let my fingers do the work. I know that makes it sound easy, but it’s really not lol.
4. Where do you get your ideas from?
My ideas come from various places, including dreams, a walk, a movie, or even just a feeling. I’m one of those authors who thinks in “author speak” and that’s a lot of ways that some of my stories start.
5. Out of all of the stories you’ve written so far, what would be your favorite and why?
My best written book would be Love Claus, but the one that I enjoy most, would have to be one of my books that is no longer available for purchase. It’s called A Father’s Day Fatality: Tigria’s Story and it’s my favorite because it was the book that started my specialty… And, as my avid readers know, my specialty is sex scenes ;-)
6. Tell us something funny about yourself that not a lot of people know about? Hmmmm… Well, it’s not much, but it’s the only thing that I can think of… I can laugh like Curly from the Three Stooges.
7. Does any of the stories you’ve written based on real life experiences or basically just from imagination?
It’s a little of both. Part of the story, be it a character or a location or something, is from real life and then the rest is fiction.
8. Does your ‘muse’ have a name and if so what is his/her name?
My muse’s name is Catherine. She’s usually really good at her job, but there are days when she is distracted and I wonder what exactly is distracting her.
9. What other genre besides the one you are writing about now would you like to venture into writing?
It’s a pipe dream, because I’ve never been good at it, but I’d love to break out into Fantasy.
10. Who are your favorite authors that are out now?
Wow, that’s a long list. Okay, I’ll give you my top 10 in order.
· Darynda Jones
· James Patterson
· Nora Roberts
· Christy Parks
· Richard Castle
· Lora Leigh
· B.J Daniels
· Kimberly Raye
· Morgan Kearns
· A.B McKinley
11. Who is your favorite female and male characters from your books and why? Favorite female character: That would have to be Anabelle Perry from my Erotic Paranormal short story called Farian [being published on February 3rd, so you’ll know what I’m talking about soon lol], because she is part human being and part Fairy and she has special powers when it comes to the Farian population. She’s my first Paranormal character and I love her.
Favorite Male Character: Definitely Santa Claus from Love Claus, because he is so jolly, but so mischievous. He is definitely not the most traditional Santa Claus.
12. What do you think is the hardest thing about being a writer?
13. What advice would you give someone who wants to start off being a writer?
Go for it! Don’t over think it, because that was definitely my trouble in the beginning. When I stopped thinking and just let my fingers do the talking, I wrote my first book and had it published!
14. If you hadn’t become a writer, what do you think you would be doing right now?
I’d definitely have gone to Photography full time, but like I said before I do a lot of other stuff, so I’d probably be doing it all still. I love to create, no matter what the medium.
15. What do you like on a man…..briefs, boxer briefs or boxer shorts or nothing at all?
Boxer shorts for bed and nothing at all for other activities ;-) On a side note, I love to see a man in a button up shirt, with the top two buttons open and a tight pair of jeans lol.