1. Before we start talking about your book, why don’t you tell everybody a little bit about yourself? I’m the mother of three, two girls and one son. I live in a little town called Spring, about twenty minutes from the busy, hustling and bustling Houston. I was born and raised here but love my little town
2. Besides writing, what other things do you enjoy doing in your spare time? Reading, reading and a little more reading.
3. What is your daily routine as far as when you have an idea for your story? I don’t have a routine, I’m a complete pantster.
4. Where do you get your ideas from? They just pop into my head, but also from dreams. I have some peculiar dreams sometimes
5. Out of all of the stories you’ve written so far, what would be your favorite and why? This story, Caleb. I had a blast writing it. Writing from a man’s head allowed me to tap into his twisted personality, but also his sense of humor
6. Tell us something funny about yourself that not a lot of people know about? I live with my ex-husband, Brady.
7. Does any of the stories you’ve written based on real life experiences or basically just from imagination? Both. The stories sometimes come from someone I’ve known or met, but emotions usually do come from my life experiences usually.
8. Does your ‘muse’ have a name and if so what is his/her name? No name usually, just ‘Hey you up there’ - but my muse is also referred to as the a bipolar bitch who lives in my head.
9. What other genre besides the one you are writing about now would you like to venture into writing? Paranormal romance or fantasy
10. Who are your favorite authors that are out now? Poppet, Janus Gangi, Erin O’Quinn, Chelle, Robin Badillo
11. Who is your favorite female and male characters from your books and why? Caleb is definitely my favorite character to date. His cocky attitude cracks me up.
12. What do you think is the hardest thing about being a writer? Keeping my muse awake.
13. What advice would you give someone who wants to start off being a writer? Learn as much as you can, read a lot and always believe in yourself
14. If you hadn’t become a writer, what do you think you would be doing right now? Playing professional volleyball. (just kidding) I would of loved to have become a vet, I love animals.
15. What would be the perfect Romantic getaway? Italy
Well now that we got the question and answer out of the way…..why don’t you tell us about your latest story you have out now?
Blurb: Living a double life, Caleb is a hard-working and self-assured man, who doubles as an arrogant, cocky and womanizing prick. With his choices of women on a layaway plan, he’s never lonely.
Caleb believes he’s nailed the market on being the ultimate playa and never wonders what the consequences could be if Sarah, his live in, ever found out…until she does. When Sarah turns his life upside down, Caleb loses it and catastrophe follows not far behind.
When his world gets flipped right size up, he begins to realize the things that are really important to him. Although Caleb makes some ultimate sacrifices to save his pride, ego and relationship with Sarah, he still hides one very important secret.
Excerpt: Stopping at the florist on the way home, I pull in and pick up a dozen pink roses for Sarah. Yes, sucking ass big time.
Hey, if it works…then I’ll be all good. When I’m good, everyone is good. God forbid I get red roses…she’d want to run off to the fucking chapel. That isn’t going to happen to me, not in this lifetime anyways.
Psyching myself up for the dreaded night I pull up near the curb and walk towards the door. I wish for once my sophisticate would understand that sometimes I just want to stay home. I mean for God’s sake, I work my ass off. Or at least what’s left of my ass…she’s chewed off the other part.
What’s coming next: can you say sequel?
Also here is the book trailer for Caleb http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqbF7FofKKU&feature=youtu.be