1. Before we start talking about your book, why don’t you tell everybody a little bit about yourself?
I hate this question. I feel as a writer perhaps I should be more interesting lol. In truth I am a huge nerd. I am married, I am owned by an attack Bugg (Boston terrier/Pug), I have two red eared sliders who are to big for an aquarium and have to live in kiddy pools. Oh and I like to dress for renaissance and pirate faires.
2. Besides writing, what other things do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I like to loom knit, play stupid facebook games while no one is around, I watch way to much TV, I am a movieaholic, and of course read.
3. What is your daily routine as far as when you have an idea for your story?
I write it down, no matter where I am at I never leave home without a pen and notepad.
4. Where do you get your ideas from?
Sometimes they come from dreams, and sometimes they come from just warped ideas.
5. Out of all of the stories you’ve written so far, what would be your favorite and why?
Ahhhhh! This is hard. They are all close to me in their own way, mostly because they are all different genres. My favorite the most is my upcoming Awaken the Elements, it is hot and funny.
6. Tell us something funny about yourself that not a lot of people know about?
I get to carried away with my favorite TV shows I can be loud and sometimes I have been known to yell at the TV lol.
7. Does any of the stories you’ve written based on real life experiences or basically just from imagination?
It’s a mixture of both. You have to write what you know, yet there are things that I totally make up.
8. Does your ‘muse’ have a name and if so what is his/her name?
I joke around about a muse. But really it is my husband. He lets me do what I want which includes writing whenever.
9. What other genre besides the one you are writing about now would you like to venture into writing?
I have written sci-fi, fantasy, paranormal, horror, erotic, I am always pushing the boundaries on genres. Maybe Childrens.
10. Who are your favorite authors that are out now?
I have a lot. But just to name a few Charlaine Harris, Ilona Andrews, Janet Evanovich, and many, many, many others.
11. Who is your favorite female and male characters from your books and why?
Again so hard to answer. I love my warrior princess Morgan and her guard Grady, Cory and Matt from Space Rebels, I love Nathan from Blood Witch, I love Autumn, River and Rowan from my upcoming Awaken the Elements. The three of them are wonderful together.
12. What do you think is the hardest thing about being a writer?
Writing is hard. Sure you can say you are going to write but then things get in the way, and if you let them you will never complete it.
13. What advice would you give someone who wants to start off being a writer?
Don’t give up. If this is something you like then do it!
14. If you hadn’t become a writer, what do you think you would be doing right now?
I really don’t know I have been writing forever.
15. What would be the perfect Romantic getaway?
I room that overlooks the ocean, with a baloney that has a hot tub. That is perfect and all I want lol.
Well now that we got the question and answer out of the way…..why don’t you tell us about your latest story you have out now?
Actually it hasn’t been released yet. It is called Awaken the Elements the first in my Elements Trilogy.
Blurb: Every since she could remember Autumn had been different. Different from her sisters, her parents and the world she lives in. She has a touch of magic, which can grow seeds without soil and water. But her mother has been on her about being normal. Being normal means pushing who she is down, being the good daughter, the good sister, the good fiancé. She only knows one other who has magic like her, her cousin Anatha. But her magic is different, it burns. While both try to struggle being normal, their world is turned upside down as a vicious virus sweeps the globe. Autumn and Anatha’s families are forced into finding shelter for a few years. But they are not alone, they have old and new friends who will be joining them whether they like it or not, which includes a reunited boy band and a wannabe rapper. On their first summer they do a summer solstice ritual which will awaken the element power that rest inside of them. Autumn not only has to learn about her magic, but she has two men who are willing to share her. Their passions help Autumn see that normal is overrated.
I am pushing for an end of September release. For more info you can keep an eye out on my blog where I am doing a 30 day WIP Challenge and every day I am talking about the book.