1. Before we start talking about your book, why don’t you tell everybody a little bit about yourself? I am a mom to 3 great kids, 2 girls and 1 boy ranging in age (24, 13 and 6) (not recommended ;) ). My husband and I have been married for 17 years this past May. We have a 2 year old Golden Retriever named Buc, who makes an appearance in my next book. I was born and raised in Southern California and moved to South Western Pennsylvania in 2013. I’m still trying to figure out how this weather thing works.
2. Besides writing, what other things do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
When I’m not writing you will either find me with a book in my hand reading or crafting something. I love to paint ceramics. They are not as easy to find as they were in the 80s. I have an Etsy page that I try to sell things on. I read a lot. Depending on what creative blood is flowing through me at the moment, I can read anywhere from 1 - 5 books a month. If I’m left alone long enough I can sometimes finish a book in one sitting. Especially if it is a really good book that I can’t put down. I read anything from Romance to Syfi to History. I tend to stay away from books about the end of the world or kids killing kids, just not my cup of tea.
3. Where do you get your ideas from?
My debut novel deals with the Titanic. I have always been fascinated by it. I have been to several exhibits. It amazes me what survived the accident. My work in progress has to do with Gettysburg. We went on vacation last summer and I think a ghost came home with me. he has been whispering in my ear the story he wants told. I know it sounds crazy but the idea popped in my head when we were there.
4. Out of all of the stories you’ve written so far, which would be your favorite and why?
Well, Changing Lives is a debut novel, so right now that is my baby. I have a few others in the works but I think the fact that this is my first one, it’s my favorite. At least for right now.
5. Does any of the stories you’ve written based on real life experiences or basically just from imagination? In Changing Lives a lot of Natalie Star is based on my life. The high school stuff is all true, as well as some of the later life stuff. It was all stuff that I knew already, so it made it easier when I was writing some back story for her.
6. What other genre besides the one you are writing about now would you like to venture into writing?
That is a good question. I am playing with a murder mystery right now. I have read books on the subject but not very many. An idea popped in my mind while on a drive that took us through the forest. Watching the trees zip by gave me the idea for it. It’s fun trying something different.
7. Who are your favorite authors that are out now?
I have become friends with so many since I started writing. Authors are all so nice and they let you bounce ideas off of them. And they don’t judge you, it’s great. It’s had to choose a favorite, I love them all.
8. Who are your favorite female and male characters from your books and why?
Thomas is my male main character in the book and one of my faves. He goes through so much to get to the love of his life. It takes him a very long time but when he finally does, he will do anything to keep her. Although I love Natalie my main female character I think Lou is my fave. She is your typical best friend know it all and is willing to take a bullet for her friends. I may turn this book into a series and get more into her character. But I’m still debating with myself about it. I guess I literally have a whole ocean of prospects to write about. ;)
9. What do you think is the hardest thing about being a writer?
For me it is finding time to sit and do it. Life seems to get in the way sometimes. It’s not easy with family, they always want something. LOL. But when I can sit and just write, it’s the best feeling when the words just flow.
10. What advice would you give someone who wants to start off being a writer?
Everyone needs to start somewhere. Never let anyone tell you that you are crazy, you already know that ;). If you don’t try then how will you know if you can do it or not? Not everyone will be a best selling author but you wont know until you try.
Well now that we got the question and answer out of the way…..why don’t you tell us about your latest story you have out now?
Here is my cover for Changing Lives. The cover was revealed on July 1st. I love it. I had a dream one night and the publisher nailed it. The book will be released on Amazon July 20, 2015.
I have a few works in progress now. I write when the voices in my head talk to me. I’m a little more then half way through a story called Freeing Lost Souls. I hope to get it done soon. This one has a Civil War inspired story in it.
Please Visit my links below to keep up with book releases.
Thank you, Jamallah Bergman for the interview
What if love - at - first- sight was not the “first - sight” after all? NATALIE STAR is a modern woman, with modern sensibilities. Practical and realistic, she finds herself falling for a man named THOMAS ANDREWS. Thomas is a perfect gentleman, but his love for her seems to be old, solid, staid — the kind that grows after years of love and life together. He speaks in riddles when she asks why he seems to know her so well — they were together in a time she can’t remember yet. Thomas longs to tell Natalie everything he knows about her, about them. But it’s time that is the problem yet. There is a tragedy that they must endure before she can fully accept who they are, and why they are destined to be together. A tragedy that Thomas has been through once, and will go through again to find the piece of his heart that has been missing all these many years. That tragedy is the Titanic…
I look at him seriously. “No, I don’t want you to go. I enjoy having you here. I’m sorry that I laughed like that; it was rude of me. I told you I would keep an open mind, and I’m trying, but you do realize how crazy it all sounds?” He looks at me with the same sad face. “Yes, I do know how crazy it sounds. Maybe I can find a way to prove it to you. I’m a bit tired, I think I will turn in for the night. I’ll see you in the morning. Good night, Natalie.” I know I can’t sleep knowing he is so sad. I do want to believe him because, God knows, I could use some excitement in my life. And in a way, I do think I’m falling for him. He seems to know about all of the nightmares from my childhood. I’m not sure how.
Where to find me:
Check out some of Tracy's crafts at www.facebook.com/eclecticcraftsbytandd