She also was nice enough to give us a blurb to her next book "Unlikely Lovers"
1. Before we start talking about your book, why don’t you tell everybody a little bit about yourself? I’m a small town gal who has always loved romance, books, movies, and soaps…when I’m not at my day job in the billing department of a local mental health clinic, or writing, I can usually be found reading or watching movies.
2. Besides writing, what other things do you enjoy doing in your spare time? I love road trips, as well as reading and watching movies, as I said before. I enjoy times spent with family and friends.
3. What is your daily routine as far as when you have an idea for your story? I don’t really have a daily routine since I have to squeeze everything in when I’m not at my day job. I used to jot down ideas and work on them when I got home from work or on the weekends. But recently I was gifted with a sky wifi smart pen from my friends, so as soon as I figure out how to use it, I’ll be able to speak into it and record my ideas and transfer to the computer.
4. Where do you get your ideas from? I can get ideas from anywhere…from something someone says to a song on the radio. They just pop into my head at any time.
5. Out of all of the stories you’ve written so far, what would be your favorite and why? Wow….I love them all, but Crossroad to Love, which was released Jan. 16 by Lazy Day Publishing, was the start of it all. It was the first book I wrote and is the first in a series. It was inspired by my own group of lifelong friends. If you’ve read the book, you know the story revolves around the lives of a group of lifelong friends. But Remember Our Promise, which will be released this summer by Rebel Ink Press, is another fave because I wrote it in 16 days, during NaNoWriMo. That idea came to me one night and the story just unfolded perfectly. I more or less was just along for the ride, it literally wrote itself.
6. Tell us something funny about yourself that not a lot of people know about? I’m pretty much an open book so I don’t know what that would be…LOL
7. Does any of the stories you’ve written based on real life experiences or basically just from imagination? Mostly just imagination, but occasionally there will be a little snippet of something that actually happened, never a storyline though.
8. Does your ‘muse’ have a name and if so what is his/her name? I’ll never tell…J
9. What other genre besides the one you are writing about now would you like to venture into writing? I’ve never wanted to write anything but romance. I am working on a true story, but it will be a while before that one is ready to be released, if ever. It’s about my family’s personal journey with cancer. I began writing it while my husband was in the hospital, as therapy for myself, but I don’t know if I’ll ever share it.
10. Who are your favorite authors that are out now? I love Debbie Macomber, Shayla Black, Nora Roberts, Nicholas Sparks…there are so many.
11. Who is your favorite female and male characters from your books and why? Lily and David from Remember Our Promise and Jackson and Stacie from Love’s Winding Road. But no one can compare with Katy and Ryan in my series.
12. What do you think is the hardest thing about being a writer? It would have to be balancing my time between my day job, writing, editing, promoting, and a personal life.
13. What advice would you give someone who wants to start off being a writer? Don’t give up! Rewrite, revise, and keep submitting!!!
14. If you hadn’t become a writer, what do you think you would be doing right now? Working at my day job, I suppose.
15. What do you like on a man…..briefs, boxer briefs or boxer shorts or nothing at all? All of the above!
Well now that we got the question and answer out of the way…..why don’t you tell us about your latest story you have out now?
Blurb Crossroad to Love
Ten years after a tragic accident claimed the lives of her husband and firstborn daughter, Katy Barron is finally ready to move on. Her son has started college and the time has come for Katy to concentrate on the next chapter in her life. Planning to meet her three best friends in Dallas for a week-long vacation, she discovers that she is not the only one who is at a crossroad. And when the Fab Four walk into the upscale Dallas restaurant, Chloe’s Place, and meet the owners, life will never be the same for any of them.
Katy is immediately attracted to the restaurant’s handsome co-owner, and infamous Dallas playboy, Ryan O’Grady, and the feeling appears to be mutual. But when the two discover they share a link to each other’s pasts, it threatens to end the relationship before it begins.
Broken-hearted, Katy returns to her home in Chicago, but a surprise job offer may be the answer she is looking for. Will she be able to convince Ryan to throw caution to the wind and let go of the past? Or will her drastic decisions bring even more heartbreak to the spunky widow as she attempts to rebuild her life?
Excerpt Crossroad to Love
It had begun to rain. A slow, gentle drizzle, just enough to annoy the man behind the
wheel. “When are you planning to tell him?” the man asked quietly, looking at the
beautiful, blonde woman seated contentedly in the passenger seat of his new deep sea
mica, state of the art Lexus LS. The automobile was decked out with every luxury
imaginable. He had special-ordered it with every option available and had insisted they
drive to Chicago for the weekend seminar, rather than fly from Indianapolis. He wanted
to try it out on the open road. She had reluctantly agreed, preferring a short flight to the
long drive, but knowing his excitement about the new car, she had finally given in.
“I’ll tell him tonight when we get in.” The woman sighed as she nervously removed
the dazzling, three-carat, oval-cut, diamond and sapphire ring from the third finger on her
left hand, placing it carefully into a black velvet box. She dropped the box into her
handbag and replaced the ring with a small, plain gold wedding band. “Then we can
finally, really begin our life together.”
The rain was coming down harder now, in sheets, making visibility difficult.
“Well, it’s about time. I’ve waited a long time for you to get to this point, my sweet.”
He made the fatal mistake of leaning over to kiss her, taking his eyes off the road for
only a moment. In that split second, the world came to an end for the lovers in the blue
And just before the deafening sound of crunching metal and breaking glass penetrated
the silence of the night, the little girl in the back seat of another car said, “Daddy, my Girl
Scout leader said I’ll have my badge by our next meeting.”
Blurb for Unlikely Lovers, Release date Feb 3 from Rebel Ink Press
When Army Major Jessica Walsh meets local factory worker, Cody Jones, she finds herself staring straight into the eyes of the man who’s been haunting her dreams for the past few nights. Fresh from a breakup with her cheating ex, Jessica sets out to seduce the sexy brown-eyed man in the hopes of a brief rebound affair. Getting more than she bargained for, she falls in love with him, but has kept a secret about who she really is.
On the night she plans to tell him the truth, Cody plans to propose. But before either of those things can take place, they run into Jessica’s ex, who cruelly spills the beans. Angry and heartbroken, Cody ends the relationship, turning to a bottle for comfort. Jessica’s hurt, she accepts his decision. While they find they can't stay away from each other, they can't seem to work out their differences, either. Will the unlikely lovers be able to overcome the obstacles in their lives and find their happy ever after?
The second book in the series, The Road to Her Heart, will be released by Lazy Day Publishing in March.