1. Before we start talking about your book, why don’t you tell everybody a little bit about yourself? Well, I’m just your average Texas Southern Belle, with a twist of naughty. I was born and raised just out of Houston, and I have three children.
2. Besides writing, what other things do you enjoy doing in your spare time? The usual: reading, catching a movie or concert. I love watching True Blood and The Blacklist
3. What is your daily routine as far as when you have an idea for your story? I wake up very, very early, (4:00 am early) and make sure there is plenty of coffee going. Right away, I jump into writing. Sometimes I can write all day, other times just for a few hours, but I never ever write at night, that’s family time. I try to stay on social sites, promoting or talking with friends in between this.
4. Where do you get your ideas from? Many times the ideas just pop in my head other times I’ll dream about them
5. Out of all of the stories you’ve written so far, what would be your favorite and why? A Perfect Passion because I had fun writing it. My characters, Damien and Dax, both have certain situations they are trying to adjust too separately but to completely overcome them, they end up having to trust and believe in each other, which is a very hard thing for them.
6. Tell us something funny about yourself that not a lot of people know about? I used to own a construction company
7. Does any of the stories you’ve written based on real life experiences or basically just from imagination? No none of them, they are all from imagination. Of course certain quirks or mannerisms in them come from many different people, but they are pretty much unique.
8. Does your ‘muse’ have a name and if so what is his/her name? I just call it The Indecisive one.
9. What other genre besides the one you are writing about now would you like to venture into writing? Romance and paranormal
10. Who are your favorite authors that are out now? Kim Carmichael, Chelle, Poppet, Janus Gangi
11. Who is your favorite female and male characters from your books and why? I have two. My character, Dax, from A Perfect Passion is one. He’s just this really smoking hot dude, who looks like a total biker, but is as gentle as a teddy bear. He’s got a great personality, is completely open minded and just so loveable. The other is Lance, from Eight Second Cowboy, he’s a wild one, very aggressive but fun and just your typical good ole’ boy who happens to be completely swoony!
12. What do you think is the hardest thing about being a writer? Staying focused and marketing. Throughout the day between kids and phone calls or just general things that come up, I can get distracted and once that distraction happens, the indecisive one runs off to her own little corner of the world. That is the reason I wake so early. When everyone else is still asleep, it’s way less distracting.
13. What advice would you give someone who wants to start off being a writer? Write every day and watch other authors and learn. There are so many awesome authors out there that can teach you so many things. Thank goodness for that because if it weren’t for them, I probably wouldn’t be an author yet.
14. If you hadn’t become a writer, what do you think you would be doing right now? I would have probably opened some sort of little business of some sort.
15. What would be the perfect Romantic getaway? Rio
Well now that we got the question and answer out of the way…..why don’t you tell us about your latest story you have out now?
My newest story out is Eight Second Cowboy, which is about two bull riders who were friends, then rivals, who journey to make it back to being a little more than friends. This is the blurb for the book:
It’s Rodeo Roundup time in Houston. Undefeated bull riding champion, Matt Stevens, runs into longtime nemesis, Lance Loskey. Matt is intense, his focus and drive sustain him, but seeing Lance with his carefree attitude rages a plethora of feelings to the surface. This mellow cowboy is in position for more than just the championship after a freak accident paves Lance's way. This is an opportunity for bull riding opponents to embrace their destiny. Will they succumb to fate, or will stubborn pride end the 8 second ride in tragedy?
Eight Second Cowboy:
Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/Eight-Second-Cowboy-Piper-Kay-ebook/dp/B00GFYG2O8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383736100&sr=8-1&keywords=eight+second+cowboy
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eight-Second-Cowboy-Piper-Kay-ebook/dp/B00GFYG2O8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383736178&sr=8-1&keywords=eight+second+cowboy
A Perfect Passion: http://www.amazon.com/A-Perfect-Passion-Piper-Kay/dp/061588699X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1380056727&sr=8-2&keywords=a+perfect+passion+by+piper+kay
The Naughty Box: http://www.amazon.com/The-Naughty-Box-books-ebook/dp/B00DYV1GGO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380057007&sr=8-1&keywords=a+perfect+passion+by+piper+kay
My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/piper.kay.1
My Amazon author page: http://www.amazon.com/Piper-Kay/e/B00AF9Z718/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_4
My blog: piperkay.blogspot.com