1. Before we start talking about your book, why don’t you tell everybody a little bit about yourself? I am a writer therefore I am insane. I have voices in my head that cry out for attention and I must heed their calls. I am surrounded by my fur babies, four cats, a dog, two birds and a tank full of fish. I drink pots of coffee every day. I sit for long hours at the computer writing and editing. Most people call me a recluse but I visit more worlds than they ever will. The love of my life is my grandson Damien, who announced to me the other day, “Grandma I have struck puberty.” Damien is my balance he keeps me grounded in this world. Without him I would be very lonely.
2. Besides writing, what other things do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I have gone back to school. Between homework, writing and social networking there isn’t any spare time so to speak, but I enjoy watching historical documentaries and I never miss Ancient Aliens.
3. What is your daily routine as far as when you have an idea for your story?
Most times, I will let the story play out in my head for a while, before I ever start writing. I have scraps of paper and old envelopes scattered on my desk with bits of dialogue or a description that came to mind and I don’t want to forget. If I need to do research, I will scour my books and internet sites. I usually have mounds of papers beside me at all times, and then, I sit and write.
4. Where do you get your ideas from?
I am a people watcher. I watch court TV when I need to develop a character. I watch historical documentaries for location and time settings and then I look at my own life and those around me.
5. Out of all of the stories you’ve written so far, what would be your favorite and why?
Elizabeth Rose was the most challenging I spent six month of research before I wrote the first sentence. I am very proud of that story.
6. Tell us something funny about yourself that not a lot of people know about?
I have been informed that I do not exercise enough and so, every morning this old fart dances to music videos. Pit Bull is my favorite. J
7. Does any of the stories you’ve written based on real life experiences or basically just from imagination?
All of my stories have a bit of truth to them. I draw from past experiences and my own emotions. I will leave it up to the reader to discern what is truth and fantasy. If I have done it right, there should be a perfect blend of the two.
8. Does your ‘muse’ have a name and if so what is his/her name?
9. What other genre besides the one you are writing about now would you like to venture into writing?
Someday I WILL write a children’s book.
10. Who are your favorite authors that are out now?
There are so many! Elaina J Davidson, because I love epic fantasy, Nya Rawlyns, her work takes to me places I have never been before, and Dan Brown, because I love puzzles.
11. Who is your favorite female and male characters from your books and why?
My favorite female character is Hathor, my MC Elizabeth Rose’s twin sister. She is saucy and outspoken. I love writing dialogue for her. As far as a male character, it is a duo, Sam , who is a demon and Kyle, who is a Lykan. They are best of friends and enemies. Their interaction adds a touch of comedy to the series.
12. What do you think is the hardest thing about being a writer?
Typing the first sentence.
13. What advice would you give someone who wants to start off being a writer?
Do it. Don’t let anyone discourage you. Don’t worry about grammar that is why we have editors. Write and then write some more. Surround yourself with likeminded people. Join a writers group. Seek out writing groups on the net, and listen to the advice of those who have been there and done that. Never stop learning and polishing your craft. Always believe in yourself. You can do it.
14. If you hadn’t become a writer, what do you think you would be doing right now?
I had only one other dream and that was to be an archeologist.
15. What would be the perfect Romantic getaway?
As long as you are with the one you love anywhere is fine. Just lock the door, shut off the ringer to the phone and enjoy each other. Romance comes from within you, you don’t have to go somewhere to find it.
Well now that we got the question and answer out of the way…..why don’t you tell us about your latest story you have out now?
Elizabeth Rose is based on the characters of The Providence Series. It is a story within a story as our two main characters, Elizabeth Rose, and her husband, Vincent Blair, travel to Syria on an assignment for The Agents of Providence. While there, they meet up with a band of nomadic Bedouins and Elizabeth Rose treats her hosts to the time honored tradition of Storytelling. The story she shares with them is from the book of Enoch.
Excerpt from Elizabeth Rose
A solitary man beat a trance-inducing rhythm on a drum, giving the camp a hypnotizing atmosphere as the smell of incense filled the air. Enim restlessly walked the camp as he did every night. Sleep never came for the Mighty Birds; they were called that because of their wings. They also didn’t eat, but they did lust.
Although blessed with beauty, immeasurable power, and immortality—all bestowed upon them by Providence—they were far from satisfied. They longed to lie next to a mortal woman; to feel her softness, and the ecstasy, but the flesh had corrupted them.
And so, as he’d done so many nights before, Enim turned away from the path of Providence; he was out looking for the consoling arms of a woman. He stopped to admire her as she danced before the fire. Her bronze skin shimmered in the flames’ amber glow. Long black curls cascaded down the side of her face and swayed in the breeze in unison with her hips. Her long arms swirled in and out over her head as she hummed a haunting melody to the percussionist’s steady beat.
The sea of flames sent waves of embers streaming out behind her like tiny fairies in an accompanying dance troupe. Each twist and turn of her curvaceous body sent a silent sensual message to her captive voyeur. Once again, he would surrender to his weakness as he was overcome with passion and desire.
She glanced his way and their eyes met; the weight of his earthbound feet became a distant memory as his tumble down from Heaven replayed again.
A name, he must have her name!
The old women lined up earthen bowls before the fire and scooped up the creamy soup of milk, meat, and lentils, with large ladles made from deer bone. A silence fell over the camp as the musician stopped to collect his evening meal. Fitina found herself a place next to the warmth of the fire, nevertheless, the mystic henna symbols that adorned her body refused to relinquish the dance as the pyre’s light flickered across her body.
Enim’s breathing intensified. His broad chest heaved with excited breaths; the great bulk of his arms spread back against his raven wings, expanding as they fluttered, coursing a flame of blood through his veins in erotic anticipation.
An elderly woman handed her a bowl of the steaming brew. As Fitina reached forward, her firm, round breasts spilled over the top of her leather bodice. She was not aware she had a spectator as she ate.
Enim’s eyes were transfixed on the spoon as it reemerged from her alluring ruby lips. Cautiously he approached her, intimidated by her exotic aura. She tilted her head to one side; her eyes followed the contour of his muscular legs. Stopping briefly at his torso, she continued on until she greeted him with a seductive smile. She patted the ground beside her and invited him to sit.
It wasn’t the force of gravity that pulled him down; his legs folded in on themselves as he fell, once again, to the Earth. She reached out and offered him some of her meal, and then lifting her hand, she forced back a giggle.
“Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot, you don’t eat.”
“That’s open for debate.” He regretted saying it as soon as the words left his lips.
Unexpectedly, she began to laugh.
His eyes turned to molten bronze as her laugh sent shivers of desire coursing through his body.
The drumbeats started again, she stood up and extended her hand out to him. He reached out and took it willingly, and then she led him to her tent…
All are welcome to join me on facebook and contact me there.
Thank you for inviting me to be on your blog it is an honor.