1. Before we start talking about your book, why don’t you tell everybody a little bit about yourself?
This is the part where I wish I led an exciting life. I could make it up but no! I am a mother to teenage children and a wife to a busy man. So life can be full on. I go out to work which is great but it can be very frustrating when my head is in a story!
2. Besides writing, what other things do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I love simple things like reading, coffee with friends, red wine and watching a good movie with my family.
3. What is your daily routine as far as when you have an idea for your story?
I don't have a routine a such. My writing time is in the evenings after all the family are settled. I tend to jot down ideas in my notebook when I am at work, then work on these when I get home.
4. Where do you get your ideas from?
Anywhere. Whilst travelling into work I hear conversation or the views out of the window which inspire ideas or images that may catch my attention as I surf the net.
5. Out of all of the stories you’ve written so far, what would be your favorite and why?
Oh wow! I think this one – Guardian Awakening. I came out of nowhere and I knew the main characters and backgrounds straightaway so the story formed itself.
6. Tell us something funny about yourself that not a lot of people know about?
7. Does any of the stories you’ve written based on real life experiences or basically just from imagination?
None have been based on real life experiences as yet. I don't discount that and may chose to do something like that in the future but for not they are imagined.
8. Does your ‘muse’ have a name and if so what is his/her name?
Nope, no name.
9. What other genre besides the one you are writing about now would you like to venture into writing?
I love Paranormal, because there are so many worlds you can explore. I have written short contemporary stories so want to do more of that and have dipped my toes into F/F as well. At the moment I write what suits at the time and would like to venture out as the mood takes me.
10. Who are your favorite authors that are out now?
I love J.R. Ward, Gena Showalter, Deborah Harkness and many others.
11. Who is your favorite female and male characters from your books and why? Another hard question! I would have to say Nali from Gyspy Butterfly in The Eclipse of the Blood Moon. She has overcome pain and suffering and established a life for herself outside of the family that rejected her. And Male character would be Zachriel who is in the sequel to Guardian Awakening called Guardian Possession. I don't want to say much about him, apart from he is strong, dark and discovers more about himself in the book that he did not know.
12. What do you think is the hardest thing about being a writer?
Everything can be hard, form birthing and idea to trying to develop it. I can only say what is hard for me and that is getting the time and space to write when your life is full already. My resolution is to waste less time surfing the net and open my wip, write then reward myself with net time!
13. What advice would you give someone who wants to start off being a writer?
Have a go. Write! Worry about the technicalities later but just get going. Get involved with a good Crit group. I have UCW who are The Nuthouse Scribblers to back me up, red pen my work and create blogs and web pages. I am SO thankful to those amazing women!
14. If you hadn’t become a writer, what do you think you would be doing right now? My day job would always be there but I would be bored and frustrated!
15. What do you like on a man…..briefs, boxer briefs or boxer shorts or nothing at all?
Depends what suits! Boxer briefs are rather nice!
Well now that we got the question and answer out of the way…..why don’t you tell us about your latest story you have out now?
Guardian Awakening Blurb
Essen is out for revenge, and exotic dancer Romy is his target. After the struggle for control of the Gateway between the human world and the supernatural world brings tragedy, this Guardian Demon will stop at nothing to get what he wants: retribution! From the moment they first meet, sparks fly between them, and they cannot deny the connection they have, even if she seems to be hiding her true identity. But how is this possible when they are from two different worlds? Can their love overcome the tormented history that divides them? When Romy is kidnapped, Essen must face his true feelings before it's too late.
She slowly walked across to the sound system and chose a track to dance to. Sometimes customers liked to choose their own music, but he had not done so. She selected R. Kelly's "Ignition." The beat kicked in, and Romy dropped her hip to the right, stepped back, and dropped her hip to the left. She swung round with her hands on her breasts, eyes half-closed, and really got into it. The music took over; she gyrated her hips toward him, and she slid her hands up and down her body. She wove her body back around to him and bent forward, giving him a great view of her ass as she brought her hands up to separate her cheeks and quickly let go. Spinning around again, she bounced to the music, knowing her breasts were the star of the show for this bit. She let her hands wander between her legs and into her black panties before moving her hand out and pinging the elastic.
The whole time she maintained as much eye contact as she could. Licking her lips often and moving forward, she put her breasts as close as she could without touching. Turning around she placed her hands on his legs and felt firm thighs. She sat in his lap and ground her ass into his obvious erection. The movements were meant to arouse the customer into paying for more time. Some even climaxed, which was why there were tissues and wipes under the table. This time she found herself lost to the music, and the contact with his jeans-clad cock sent jolts throughout her body. She touched herself in time with the rhythm, getting aroused as the heat between them rose. Romy had never felt so good dancing for anyone before.
This was when some customers lost control and tried to make a grab. So she got up and strutted to the door. She spun on the spot and spread her arms, draping herself across the door, swinging her hips so her ass was rubbing against the wood behind her. The rubbing action caused him to shift his position. She knew he was trying to make his hard cock more comfortable in his jeans. His blues eyes sparkled, and she could see he was clenching his jaw; his hands were fisted at his sides. She danced closer to the door, hips swinging, ass at all angles, and breasts squeezed together. The track went into fade, and Romy gradually stopped, smiling her "were you happy with that" smile, and stood still.
That had been amazing; she had never felt so alive, so eager to show herself to a man before. He stood up slowly. Then he walked over to her, his movements that of a prowling animal. The bulge in his trousers was obvious. Romy took a step back and hit the door, and she gulped. He was huge next to her; in her heels she stood at five feet ten inches, but he was well over six feet with huge shoulders, blond, shoulder-length hair, and a stubbled chin. He reached into his jacket pocket, pulled out a few notes, and hooked them into her red lace bra. That brief touch sent sparks through, her straight to her clit. He was so close; she could feel his warmth and longed to be closer still. He took a deep breath as though he were inhaling her scent, and she groaned inwardly.
Leaning forward he said, "Thank you, Romy."
His hot breath fanned her neck. She gazed up at him. How did he know my name?
If you like what you see, you can also check out Michaela at the following links below: