1. Before we start talking about your book, why don’t you tell everybody a little bit about yourself?
I’m an avid reader of all genres and I love B-rated horror films.
2. Besides writing, what other things do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
If I’m not writing I’m reading. If I’m not reading I’m either playing video games or catching up movies I DVR’d on syfy.
3. What is your daily routine as far as when you have an idea for your story?
Usually what I try to do is capture it in a synopsis first. Once I do that I let the story flow through before writing an outline. Once the outline is finished the actual writing begins.
4. Where do you get your ideas from?
They come from everywhere. Sometimes it could come from something a person says.
5. Out of all of the stories you’ve written so far, what would be your favorite and why?
Landon’s Destiny is my current favorite because I had a lot of fun writing it. Plus I got to make the hero a forensic pathologist and the heroine runs a day care center.
6. Tell us something funny about yourself that not a lot of people know about?
I used to have a Jheri curl when I was little.
7. Does any of the stories you’ve written based on real life experiences or basically just from imagination?
They’re pretty much from my imagination. I have to figure out how to write a story based on real life experiences. This is still a learning process for me. But there is a scene that I’m working on that is based on a real life experience.
8. Does your ‘muse’ have a name and if so what is his/her name?
I don’t have a muse. My characters start to literally give me ideas on how they want their stories to be written.
9. What other genre besides the one you are writing about now would you like to venture into writing?
I want to venture into horror. I currently have an idea but it’s not fully thought out.
10. Who are your favorite authors that are out now?
I have so many.
11. Who is your favorite female and male characters from your books and why?
My current favorite characters are Maxine and Cameron.
12. What do you think is the hardest thing about being a writer?
Edits and time.
13. What advice would you give someone who wants to start off being a writer?
Take your time and don’t let anyone discourage you.
14. If you hadn’t become a writer, what do you think you would be doing right now?
Currently, I am working. I’d love to write full time. Unfortunately I don’t have the financial means to do so.
15. What do you like on a man…..briefs, boxer briefs or boxer shorts or nothing at all?
Nothing at all. It is a requirement that all my heroes sleep naked.
Well now that we got the question and answer out of the way…..why don’t you tell us about your latest story you have out now?
Right now I have a story that currently in it’s editing process called Accidental Lovers. The hero and the heroine are broken hearted due to their previous relationships. But find comfort in each other.
Brent and Ailey met under the worst of circumstances. But after one passionate night, neither of them wanted to let go. Can two heart broken people look past their pain and find love with each other. Or will the damage their former spouses caused be too much to bear?
This story is still in editing but will be published through Beautiful Trouble Publishing.
You can check Naomi out on her blog at http://njonesirmrn.blogspot.com/
Here is the buy link: