I am very happy to have her doing an interview with me on my blog today!
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself for our viewers?
Well I’m a former beauty queen. No! Not really but I am cute. I’m South Carolina girl but with a Florida heart. Spent 10 years active duty Navy and Air Force Reserves for 8 years. I’m a thinker not a talker. From what people have told me I have a great sense of humor. Love my GOD and learning to try new things.
2. What genre do you enjoy reading about and why?
I CRAVE interracial romance novels. It’s the dynamics of two people from different cultures finding love and harmony. It also helped that I had a little ir going on in 2nd grade. A cute blue-eyed blonde named Daniel Winter *sigh**
3. Who are your favorite authors and why?
Of course Jamallah Bergman! LaTrivia Nelson’s books have opened my eyes. Her MEDLOV CRIME FAMILY SERIES is phenomenal. To imagine a 7ft Billionaire Russian Czar who’s in an interracial relationship, married royalty, evokes fear and terror in all who challenges him, rose from dirt poor to billionaire? Absolutely blows me away.
4. Who is your favorite characters (both hero and heroine)?
My favorite is DMITRY MEDLOVE. I live and breathe for the next book in the series. If I’m reading a book and she has a new book, the current book is automatically put on hold. She also has Lonely Hart series that’s also IR’s. Her story backgrounds are always fresh, new, and always have a story line that makes you think outside the box.
5. If you can tell us authors anything as far as your thoughts on what we write about, what would you say?
Step outside the box. Create characters that haven’t been done yet. Create scenarios that would make a reading leave work just to fully concentrate on the story. Make a story line that snatches you in as if you’re sitting on the couch or having dinner at the table. Make me WANT to push all my activities to the side to read your story.
6. Who would you go out on a date with from a story you love and what would you love to do?
Will always be Dmitry Medlov. His character is WAAY out into the stratosphere. What would I love to do? Replace his wife ROYAL and insert me.
7. What kind of stories would you like to read about that you haven’t seen out yet?
I think that I’ve read just about every scenario, character types, and genre’s that it’s starting to be “vanilla”. I think more IR’s if I had my way. Maybe make some of the black women with different hairstyles (lol). I’m tired of the “she has reddish brown or curly shoulder length hair. Can we get some siestas with locs, braids, how about she did the big chop for natural hair. Give her more occupations that may or may not that require a degree but she makes paper. Or, more that have their own business like your everyday “Joe”. Not just that she’s the CEO or TEACHER. How about a woman just trying to find her way through life, doesn’t feel confident within her because the world makes her feel ugly or “not quite right”, can’t find her place in GOD’s eye. Oh wait? That might be me. lol
8. When you look for a book, do you go by word of mouth from a friend, reading the blurb or reading the reviews about the book itself?
When I’m looking for a book, I ask myself “what am I hungry for”. Do I want a filler like a Harlequins Presents Romance to take a break from a huge novel or series, am I in the mood for a Special Forces/Seal Team/ Para rescue type novel or series, do I want 256+ wd book that will take me a few days, or a series? It just depends on where I’m at.
9. What kind of swag do you like getting from some of your favorite authors when they have contest or release parties? What would you like to see them give out?
Actually I don’t do them because I never win! Lol.
10. Tell us what you are currently reading or what you have finished reading and what you liked about it?
Currently I’m reading a series by Patricia Watters. I’m on book 3 in her Dancing Moon Series. It covers a family for 30 years. Not bad and not IR but it’s very good. This was