So there was no way I couldn't have her on my blog for a interview...........
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself for our viewers?
Mmmmm that could open a whole kettle of fish. J So I will just say that working in retail makes me appreciate reading a great book. My love of reading started way back at a very young age thanks to my mammaw. She put a book in my hand, and I have never stopped reading since. Give me a cup of coffee or tea and let me go. J
2. What genre do you enjoy reading about and why?
Paranormal. They make me use my imagination more.
3. Who are your favorite authors and why?
J.R. Ward, Sandra Hill, Katie McAlister, Pamela Palmer, Morgan Kearns, Deena Reimel, Laura Dane, Susan Johnson, Emma Holly, this list could go on for awhile. I love your books of course. <3 You had me hooked ever since we met at Arizona Dreaming J All these authors have the wonderful ability to draw me in and make laugh, cry, get angry, disappear into another world for awhile. They make the stories feel real, to yearn to be the heroine and crave the hero to be yours. They can even melt a panty or two ;)
4. Who is your favorite characters (both hero and heroine)?
Oh lord, your asking me to pick a favorite? I really have so many. And that is not a cop out, its just each one has a special quality, and it would be like choosing a favorite child. ;)
5. If you can tell us authors anything as far as your thoughts on what we write about, what would you say?
Stay true to the story. Don’t clog it up with unnecessary storyline.
6. Who would you go out on a date with from a story you love and what would you love to do?
Any of the BDB brothers from the J.R.Ward series. *sigh* Anything they wanted to do, I mean anything ;) giggle
7. What kind of stories would you like to read about that you haven’t seen out yet?
Oh geeze, what possible genre has not been written that makes sense? Lol I’m sure there might be something, but I’m clueless on this one.
8. When you look for a book, do you go by word of mouth from a friend, reading the blurb or reading the reviews about the book itself? Word of mouth from friends if I can’t think of one on my own. If I’m at a bookstore then I normally walk up and down the isles to see what is new and catches my eye. A great cover can draw my attention, but it’s really the blurb that makes me buy the book. As for reviews about a book? I do sometimes read them, but don’t normally go by them unless there is a whole lot of negative feedback.
9. What kind of swag do you like getting from some of your favorite authors when they have contest or release parties? What would you like to see them give out?
I like things that are useful for swag. Tote bags, lip balm, coffee cups, etc. But if it’s a favorite author, then signed copies of books, posters, or items that can be framed.
10. Tell us what you are currently reading or what you have finished reading and what you liked about it?
Sandra Hills new Viking Angel series a Deadly Angel Book. “Kiss of Pride”. Roflmao!! Oh I love, love, love her books. She has such a wicked sense of humor, and her heroines and heroes just come to life. She takes past history and brings it into the 20th century with a twist. Oh Vikar was a charmer, and I can’t wait to read about his brothers as well. Those Viking Angels are HOT!!