1. Tell my readers a little bit about yourself before we go on.
My Name is Brenda Foster. I am Owner and CEO of Treasure Books N’ More Publications. I specialize in Creative writing. I’m a self-published author, and I currently reside in Jacksonville, FL. with my Hubby, feisty Macaw bird, and moody Shi Tzu.
2. When reading a book that you are reviewing, what are you basically looking forward to when you do read the book?
The first thing I look for is setting. Setting, well fleshed characters, an original story idea, and details used sparingly, plus insights are what draw me in. Another thing is flow. I take reading and reviewing books seriously. A story has to capture me. If it does I will give it 5 stars, period. If it has typos, I will offer suggestions, but I will never diminish the quality of an author’s book because of formalities. It’s a big deal to write a book. It is hard work and a major accomplishment. All things get better with time.
3. Is there a specific genre that you read the most? If so, what genre is it? Why?
I will read and review any genre, but I mostly read Contemporary Urban Romance. It is true to life. I don’t understand this vampire craze. Erotica has to be done right. Otherwise, it’s just a book of meaningless sex. Historical Romance intrigues me. Futuristic Romance does not.
4. If you could tell us fellow authors anything from the reviewer’s point of view to make our stories better, what would it be?
I would suggest reading certain books. For example: STORY by Robert McKee. I think it’s the most important book you can read to become a better storyteller. Any English Lit book can help better your writing.
5. What is probably the best book that you've reviewed so far and why did you like it?
The best book I've reviewed so far would have to be a toss-up between, Destiny’s Child by Lacha’ Mitchell Scott and When Love Isn’t Enough by Stephanie Casher. Destiny’s Child was riveting and unforgettable. When Love Isn’t Enough was a beautiful love story well told. Both captured me.
6. Have you ever thought about writing a story yourself? If so, what would you like to write?
I am passionate about writing stories. I have written four novels, two eBooks, and a beginning Author’s Work book. My latest book is titled, A Beautiful Life. It’s currently available but not officially released.
For book reviews, visit www.booklyfe.wordpress.com