1. Before we start talking about your book, why don’t you tell everybody a little bit about yourself? I’m a farm girl at heart! I love being outdoors, playing with my daughter, down by the lake. I work full time, write, run my blog, crochet and am constantly busy. I’m the type of person who can’t just idly sit there and watch tv. If I do, I have to have something to occupy my hands J (that’s where crochet comes in)
2. Besides writing, what other things do you enjoy doing in your spare time? Crocheting, taking my daughter to the lake, walks with my husband, anything family orientated.
3. What is your daily routine as far as when you have an idea for your story? Honestly, I work full time, try to write on my breaks, then after my little one goes to bed, I’ll be up pretty late, just writing. It’s not necessarily a routine, more so just seizing any opportunity I can get to write.
4. Where do you get your ideas from? Oh I have no clue. It can be anything. A sentence someone said, a commercial I saw, a song. They just happen!
5. Out of all of the stories you’ve written so far, what would be your favorite and why? That’s hard, because they are all so different in their own ways. Mohawk Moon, because it was my first, my baby, but right now, I’m loving Buffalo Rocker, I feel it shows me expanding on my “romantic suspense” genre into something more dramatic.
6. Tell us something funny about yourself that not a lot of people know about? Oh man, um, when I was younger, I had a horse, her name was Susie, and I called her Tootie Susie, because when you rode her, she farted, the whole time J
7. Does any of the stories you’ve written based on real life experiences or basically just from imagination? Buffalo Rocker has a lot of personal experience in it. No, I was never a rock star, but there are things in that book I’ve dealt with throughout my life. Between Travis and Brittany, I think if you put them together, that’s me. (without the singing voice )
8. Does your ‘muse’ have a name and if so what is his/her name?
9. What other genre besides the one you are writing about now would you like to venture into writing? Well, I moved towards Erotic with Buffalo Rocker, I’d like to maybe try some more Contemporary Romance, and possibly Horror!
10. Who are your favorite authors that are out now? Oh there are so many to choose from. Ryan Winfield, CM Wright, Lizzy Ford.. I mean, there are so many I really like, but these 3, when something new comes out, I get excited!
11. Who is your favorite female and male characters from your books and why? Oh, you like the tough questions, don’t you? Right now, I have to say Travis and Brittany from Buffalo Rocker. They grow and change so much through out the book, and they have so much of me in them, that I just can’t help but love them.
12. What do you think is the hardest thing about being a writer? Hitting Publish. Honestly, it’s hard. Because you have this book, you work really hard on, pour yourself into, and then put it out there to be read. People are either going to love it or hate it, and the wait, to see which, is hard.
13. What advice would you give someone who wants to start off being a writer? Learn to take criticism. You’re going to get it. It doesn’t matter if you’re Nora Roberts or Stephen King, you’re going to get negativity. Learn to handle it. Because responding to it, makes you look bad!
14. If you hadn’t become a writer, what do you think you would be doing right now? Everything I already do! Full time work, mommy, wife, crochet, read!
15. What would be the perfect Romantic getaway? I’ve already had that! Canadaigua, it’s wine county! My husband and I went down there, stayed right on the lake. It was winter, and beautiful. Hand made chocolates in our room, wine tasting, massages, then we walked around the ski slopes! It was the best weekend ever!
Well now that we got the question and answer out of the way…..why don’t you tell us about your latest story you have out now?
Lots of people want to be Rock Stars, but the question is, can they handle it? Travis Dane has never wanted anything more than to be a Rock Star. He dreamed of being just like his father, Marcus. What the idol in his life never told him, is that the road to fame is paved with self destruction. Music, drugs, drinking, fighting and crazy stalkers all battle for his attention. Throw in an uncaring mother and Paparazzi following his every step is disaster waiting to happen.
Brittany Landers has never loved anyone like she did Trav. But his temper and drug use drove her into the arms of another man. Finally getting her life on track, striving for her law degree, can Aiden Bland take her mind off of Travis and what he’s going through? Or is he just Mr Wrong Right Now? The emotional rollercoaster of fame is never a Happily Ever After.
Tossing her one of my shirts, so she can clean up, I pull on a pair of boxers. A red thong happens to fall out of the shirt in her hand. Holding it up with one finger, she stares at me.
“Who’s is this? My ass isn’t this big.” Running a hand through my hair, it’s pointless, as it just falls right back into my eyes. Turning to look at the naked woman in my bed, she is beautiful, even when she’s angry. Maybe this is what I need, Britt’s a handful right now. She will only drag me down and I have to focus on music. Now that we have the Battle of the Bands to get ready for, and we have gigs almost every night, Death Polish is on its way. We will be the next Poisonous Love. I’m going to be just like my dad.
“I said whose is this? Are you screwing around on me Trav? What the hell? Some groupie skank I would assume,” Brittany pouts, snuggling back up under the sheets.
“Britt, you need to go. Bas and I have to go practice. I don’t have time for this shit. Get dressed and run back to mommy. Go get your nails done or something.”
“You know what Trav? You’re a loser. Fuck this. I’m done. You treat me like crap, and I don’t know why I put up with it. I can get a better lay anywhere else, from guys with more money than you. You will never amount to anything. You’re just a wannabe loser with big dreams that won’t come true. Sticking your dick in anything that comes along. Why can’t you get a real job? A real place, instead of this shit hole? Time to grow up and be a man. We aren’t in high school anymore.”
Check her out on facebook. www.facebook.com/nkuhnauthor
You can also follow her on twitter @mrsnkuhn
Check her Goodreads Page http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6966339.N_Kuhn
And show some love to Nevermore Press https://www.facebook.com/NevermorePress