Let's talk with Carol!
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself for our viewers?
I’m Carol Marck and I have hubby of so far 34yrs( 20 of which he was an Army helicopter pilot) and I’m mom to 7 (4 sons, 3 of which are in the Army and 3 daughters) from ages 32-7. I also have 1 g’daughter and 2 g’sons . I am active in the local rug hooking guild were I make rugs using strips of wool, a hook and linen burlap. When I’m not hooking I’m reading…a lot…let’s just say it’s a good thing I have an e-book cause hubby can’t see how many I books I really have bought.
2. What genre do you enjoy reading about and why?
• I like romance, historicals, paranormals , time travel, erotica and action/romance.
3. Who are your favorite authors and why?
• Diana Gabaldon is top on my list I love the way she mixes history with fiction, mystery, time travel and romance. I also enjoy Lara Adrian, J R Ward, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Shannon K Butcher, Elizabeth Naughton, Kresley Cole, Caris Roane ,Stephanie Rowe, Gena Showalter, Kerrelyn Sparks are some I really like for their paranormal. I like Dakota Cassidy, Katie MacAlister, Sandra Hill, Lynsay Sands and several others for their paranormal/humor they’re always a good go to for a some chuckles. Then for historicals Pamela Clare, Maya Banks, Terri Brisbon, Christina Dodd, Christina Skye and Lynn Kurland are some ‘go to’ authors off the top of my head. Then the Erotica is kinda of all over the place as far as favorites. For action/romance I’m kinda stuck on A B McKinley/Scott McKinley his action/romance. But for me if it has a tortured hero and a strong heroine I’m going to read it.
4. .Who is your favorite characters (both hero and heroine)?
Jaime and Claire from Outlander.
5. If you can tell us authors anything as far as your thoughts on what we write about, what would you say?
Keep it real, unless it’s a paranormal but still even if it’s a paranormal and the main characters wake up in bed together they still are going to have morning breath, bed hair and have to go pee.
6. Who would you go out on a date with from a story you love and what would you love to do?
Oh I don’t know… wouldn’t turn a date with Scott McKinley…wink,wink…
7. What kind of stories would you like to read about that you haven’t seen out yet?
I like to read more books with older women and younger men. Since I am one it would be nice to really let my imagination go.
8. When you look for a book, do you go by word of mouth from a friend, reading the blurb or reading the reviews about the book itself?
First I look at the cover if it doesn’t catch my eye first then I probably won’t even touch it, I’m really picky about the covers. Then I look at the blurb, then what friends say and last the reviews. I don’t always trust the reviews and mostly pass them up. What I read depends on how I feel at the moment.
9. What kind of swag do you like getting from some of your favorite authors when they have contest or release parties? What would you like to see them give out?
I like signed pictures, post cards, book markers, stickers, books, charms, key chains, things to put on my bag/purse and maybe some chocolate.
10• Tell us what you are currently reading or what you have finished reading and what you liked about it?
I’ve been rereading The Kilted Desire’ books by A B McKinley/Scott McKinley and I just finished ‘Highland Soldiers’ Book 1 by J L Jarvis.