1. Tell us a little bit about yourself for our viewers?
My name is Zina Barnum, I am a freelance engineer in television in new York City. I live in Long Island, I am avid readers I read on my commute to and from work.
2. What genre do you enjoy reading about and why?
I love paranormal and I/R stories, because they both show that love comes in both shapes and colors and that basically love is just love. I like shifter stories that feature an alpha male and the strong woman who becomes his true mate. I also read mysteries, I love trying to figure out who done it.
3. Who are your favorite authors and why?
I have so many authors that I like: here is my list. You of course, Marie Rochelle, Imari Jade, Eve Vaughn, Theodora Taylor, Shelli Quinn, Dahlia Rose, Nikki Winter, Stephanie Morris, Zena Wynn, Delaney Diamond, Raven Starr, Sandra Kitt, JJ Murray Erosa Knowles Priscilla Rainwater-Poole they write I/R stories and paranormal stories. For mysteries it's Walter Mosley, Valerie Wilson-Wesley and James Patterson, I like how they write as if they are taking directly to their readers. basically I like stories that are well written and that keep me interested.
4. Who is your favorite characters (both hero and heroine)?
I love alpha males and strong women. My favorites are Cheris and Lee from Loving Lee by Marie Rochelle and Tameka and Chad from Tameka’s Smile by Zen Wynn.
5. If you can tell us authors anything as far as your thoughts on what we write about, what would you say?
I would tell them to keep writing well written stories. That makes the readers want to care about the characters. If the book are to become a series make the characters grow with each book.
6. Who would you go out on a date with from a story you love and what would you love to do?
Yes I would love to go out with Lee from Loving Lee by Marie Rochelle and Chad from Tameka's Smile by Zena Wynn. I would be up for anything they had planned.
7. What kind of stories would you like to read about that you haven’t seen out yet?
I would love to see an I/R story between a black woman and a man from the middle east. More dragon shifter I/R stories.
8. When you look for a book, do you go by word of mouth from a friend, reading the blurb or reading the reviews about the book itself?
I read the blurb first right after the cover catches my eyes. I don’t rely on reviews that often. I like to form my own opinion. But if the book receives a lot of negative reviews I would not bother with it.
9. What kind of swag do you like getting from some of your favorite authors when they have contest or release parties? What would you like to see them give out?
I love coffee mugs, pens, prints or posters of the book cover, book marks. I would love to see tee shirts, free print copies of eBooks, pictures of the male models.
10. Tell us what you are currently reading or what you have finished reading and what you liked about it?
I am currently reading The Sweetest Things by Nikki Winter. it is about childhood friends that are trying to fight their attraction to each other and are failing about it badly, some parts had me lol.
I would also highly recommend Promises Kept by Priscilla Rainwater-Poole it is about to people who make a life changing promise to a loved one, i read it twice. Also Baby proofed and Bobby Trapped by Imari Jade, it is just a feel good book both are I/R stories.