1. Before we start talking about your book, why don’t you tell everybody a little bit about yourself?
Well I’ve only been writing since 2013 and I’ve loved every step of the way. So much learning and meeting new people, it’s very exciting. I’m married to the most amazing man ever. He’s my rock and support and I wouldn’t be where I am without it. We have 2 cats. Boring. I know. Lol! I also work full time but I have a goal of being a full time writer someday.
2. Besides writing, what other things do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I love crocheting, reading, I also am part of a book blog, I just started getting into photography…I enjoy doing things that have nothing to do with writing at times because I need a break. I like to put a pressure on myself. But don’t we all?
3. Where do you get your ideas from?
My head. Lol. Seriously though. Sometimes I’ll be doing something, watching a movie, people watching, whatever and an idea will come to me. Sometimes the ideas don’t actually see the light of day but in most cases, they do.
4. Out of all of the stories you’ve written so far, which would be your favorite and why?
I’d have to say it’s the one I’m currently working on, Beautiful Pain. It deals with trust, growth and proves that love truly can conquer anything.
5. Does any of the stories you’ve written based on real life experiences or basically just from imagination?
No. Unfortunately not. But that might change in the future.
6. What other genre besides the one you are writing about now would you like to venture into writing?
None really. As of right now, I’m writing strictly romance. But I did have a dystopia type dream a couple months ago so…
7. Who are your favorite authors that are out now?
Harper Sloan. Not only is she an amazing writer, she’s an amazing person. I love her dearly. I also love and will always love (I drove 9 hours to meet this woman) J.R. Ward. Her books are fantastic and holy alphas. Yum.
8. Who are your favorite female and male characters from your books and why?
It would have to be Marketa Dobry and Matteo Santos in my current WIP. They are both so broken but try so hard to move forward and love each other. Sigh. I just love them. Although I would like to bash their heads together at the moment.
9. What do you think is the hardest thing about being a writer?
Marketing. I have no issues writing an 80k word novel but when it comes to promoting myself, I suck at it.
10. What advice would you give someone who wants to start off being a writer?
Just write. Don’t worry about the first draft. Let the characters guide you. You can go back and edit later. Let your words flow. Have fun and don’t put pressure on yourself. Be you.
Well now that we got the question and answer out of the way…..why don’t you tell us about your latest story you have out now?
Remembering is just the beginning.
Keisha Lee had her life ripped apart at the hands of Jose Alvarez. Not having anywhere to turn, she seeks solace from the one man who could give her everything she needed. Only problem is, she doesn’t remember him.
Garrith Jameson, FBI agent on a leave of absence, has been in love with Keisha his whole life, and she’s always gotten under his skin. They were happy. Complete. Until that horrible day destroyed them, tearing them apart.
Having amnesia is one thing but remembering the mistakes that had been made could separate Garrith and Keisha forever.
A world of trust, healing and new memories arise, making Keisha need more than just the man she knew she once loved.
Will Keisha remember Garrith and give in to the submission her body craves?
Author Page: http://authorjmwalker.com/