Hi Jamallah, it’s wonderful visiting with you today.
1. Before we start talking about your book, why don’t you tell everybody a little bit about yourself? Well, I was born and raised in Miami, FL, and now live in TN with my husband. I once taught biology and special education, coached, but then had neurosurgery that shut me down.
2. Besides writing, what other things do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
Lately, spare time is doing what needs to be done. Releases have kept my hopping.
3. What is your daily routine as far as when you have an idea for your story?
I consider characters, their dimensions to establish arcs and story conflicts in order to arrive at the plot points.
4. Where do you get your ideas from? A bunch of “what if” strung together.
5. Out of all of the stories you’ve written so far, what would be your favorite and why? Great question. I absolutely adore Stephen McLemore in the upcoming The Cowboy Rode a Harley. He’s Matt’s cool brother in Tempted by Trouble.
6. Tell us something funny about yourself that not a lot of people know about? I’ve spent a lot of time under crawlspaces, both as a child and then when I married my husband. He’s an environmental engineer (the guy you call when your house has radon).
7. Does any of the stories you’ve written based on real life experiences or basically just from imagination? Sure life plays a part. In Secret Desire, the heroine confronts the death of her parents. My first husband passed away and so did my father. I learned by the stages of death in grief counseling and used that in Secret. It was one reason why the character didn’t come out angry and demanding, she was stuck in denial. Her sister conversely, hovered in anger. Being twins, the opposing forces worked well in some aspects. Readers hated Fran.
8. Does your ‘muse’ have a name and if so what is his/her name? I meditate and pray. I equate creativity as a gift. I’m ADHD, so I also have to contend with that part of the equation.
9. What other genre besides the one you are writing about now would you like to venture into writing?
Well, the second manuscript I wrote was a erotic dystopian. Next year I fully intend to return to it. It was written in 3rd person and I began changing it to 1st person. It sits at 130K and I’m about 75% done with the revisions. It has a sequel written. Also needing revising.
10. Who are your favorite authors that are out now? Junot Diaz. LOL. Not romance and that keeps the list short.
11. Who is your favorite female and male characters from your books and why?
Female: Carolina Rodriguez, large animal vet. Self-assured. Male: Stephen McLemore
12. What do you think is the hardest thing about being a writer?
Releases and promotion. I break out in hives. It’s difficult to tell the public, hey buy my books.
13. What advice would you give someone who wants to start off being a writer? Study, study, write, study, read, read, study, write, write, read, write.
Study the craft of fiction.
Write every day. NO EXCUSES
Read in the genre/subgenre you write
14. If you hadn’t become a writer, what do you think you would be doing right now?
15. What would be the perfect Romantic getaway?
Any place with a sunset/sunrise and the ocean.
Well now that we got the question and answer out of the way…..why don’t you tell us about your latest story you have out now?
Rock Into Me. An erotic rock romance where the rocker is the girl.
A Driving Erotic Rock Romance
Within Nashville's music scene, the week-long battle of the bands is fierce and cut-throat as well as a time to party hard. Orion, a five-member band gaining momentum, catches the eye of Jonathan Lansing, producer and CEO of Lansing Records on Music Row.
He creates stars out of those he represents...
As a hard-nosed record producer for some of the hottest bands, Lansing is accustomed to pushing boundaries unmercifully. Now, it'll take a wild night and a bombshell of a woman to bring him to his knees...
She's the one to call his bluff...
No surprise when Alana St. James—provocative lead singer of Orion—struts out on stage, everyone's attention is riveted. In turn, she notices the man seated directly in front of her with his brooding intensity, not to mention his sexy arrogance saturating the space around him.
After Orion’s performance, Lansing and Alana meet-up in a less than stellar manner. Fighting the urge to throttle one another, they discover a scorching desire. Their painful union evolves with a wrecking-ball force, detonating into a fiery connection. Tempted beyond endurance, Lansing breaks his rule for no client hook-ups, unleashing his wild inhibitions, and rocking both their worlds.
EROTIC INSTALLMENT to the Series RULE BREAKER
Sex, Love & Lies in Music City
Crash & Burn is the next installment...shattering walls soon!
Rock Into Me Buy Links
Barnes & Noble
All Romance ebooks
Susan Arden: Goodreads