I am happy to say that I got the chance to meet Morgan at Arizona Dreamin, which was my 1st writer's convention I ever attended and she's such a good friend as well as a bottle of energy in all that she does.
1. Before we start talking about your book, why don’t you tell everybody a little bit about yourself? I am Morgan Kearns. I write the Bestselling Deadlines & Diamonds series. I love to laugh!
2. Besides writing, what other things do you enjoy doing in your spare time? Spending time with my family.
3. What is your daily routine as far as when you have an idea for your story? When my characters are chatting away, the only way to get them to shut up is to write. I write as much as I can, as fast as I can, so I can get some sleep.
4. Where do you get your ideas from? Inspiration comes in many forms; music, dreams, stuff my kids or husband says.
5. Out of all of the stories you’ve written so far, what would be your favorite and why? Lucky 13! I love Love LOVE Enrique Santiago!
6. Tell us something funny about yourself that not a lot of people know about? I live in Arizona and have never been to the Grand Canyon.
7. Does any of the stories you’ve written based on real life experiences or basically just from imagination? Both. But I do have to admit Matt Xavier from Lucky 13 is based on my two oldest sons.
8. Does your ‘muse’ have a name and if so what is his/her name? I can’t say I have a single muse. The world around me is my muse and I take all the help I can get, wherever I can get it.
9. What other genre besides the one you are writing about now would you like to venture into writing? I’d eventually like to publish a YA novel. It’s outlined and partly written, but right now I’m concentrating on my Deadlines & Diamonds series.
10. Who are your favorite authors that are out now? JR Ward, Lara Adrian, Lynsay Sands, Diana Gabaldon, Rose Gordon, Kris Tualla, Jennifer Ashley, Sharon Hamilton…the list goes on.
11. Who is your favorite female and male characters from your books and why? Favorite Hero: Enrique Santiago from Lucky 13 because of his strength and determination. Favorite Heroine: Dr. Frankie Holden from Out of Left Field because any woman who can take Xavier’s crap is tops in my book!
12. What do you think is the hardest thing about being a writer? Managing my time. I have so many things going on in my other life that sometimes my writing is forced into the backseat.
13. What advice would you give someone who wants to start off being a writer? Know the industry. Know your genre. If you DON’T know, ask someone who does!
14. If you hadn’t become a writer, what do you think you would be doing right now? Gosh, I’d rather not think about that!
15. What would be the perfect Romantic getaway? Getting away ANYWHERE with just my husband, knowing the kids weren’t killing each other and driving their babysitter crazy.
Well now that we got the question and answer out of the way…..why don’t you tell us about your latest story you have out now?
Tragedy made it possible for Enrique Santiago
to take over as Left Fielder for the Las Vegas Rockets.
Talent keeps him there,
giving him everything a guy could want.
Except a woman to share it with.
A painful past with one very prominent reminder
molded Shayne Xavier into the woman she is.
She isn’t bitter or jaded, though. She’s a realist.
Men can’t be depended upon and only lead to
broken promises and shattered hearts.
Unaware of the demons of her past, Ricky tries to offer strength
as Shayne’s life spins out of control.
Sometimes Happily-Ever-After is too good to be true.
Will Shayne and Ricky ever be able to restore the luck of his Lucky 13?
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorMorganKearns
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Morgan-Kearns/e/B005MHDGBG/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1
Lucky 13: http://www.amazon.com/Lucky-13-Deadlines-Diamonds-ebook/dp/B009V4C63U/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top