Today's recipe is something I found in my Taste of Home Magazine and I swear when I get the chance I plan on making these cause they look so good. Plus this will go good for Spring time as well as for the Summer.
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package (8 ounces) Philadelphia® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheets. Roll each to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. cookie cutter to make eight circles or other shapes. Transfer to ungreased baking sheets; prick holes in pastries with a fork.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and almond extract until blended. Spread over cooled pastries. Top with berries, pressing lightly to adhere. Sprinkle with almonds and, if desired, confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 individual tarts.